would you build a ratrod out of this

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

halffast

I have a 1962 Rambler 2 door classic and a 1988 chev S10..Would you build a ratrod out of them ???

Attachments

• rambler 001.jpg
    rambler 001.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 161
  • rambler 002.jpg
    rambler 002.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 72
i would retrostore the rambler unless it is all there then i would restore. the truck is a parts truck or a parts runner.

I am not sure what you're into car wise, but I would build that Rambler into a sleeper. Leave the exterior as is, but swap in a corner-carver suspension, a road race drive train and go beat up Corvettes!

Being a 2 dr. gives the Rambler some coolness, but to me they always seemed to be the kind of car Grandpa or the weird uncle drove... kind of a chubby Vauxhall look.
Slammed with wide whites and a healthy engine transplant would improve things. A stock restoration would be boring and the money spent would never be recouped - it 'aint a 62 'Vette...[ddd

This belongs to a kid I know & I love it!!! It's suede black & shiny black between the chrome on the rear 1/4 panel & roof. This is the direction I'd head! Just my 2¢! [ddd

BoB

Attachments

• rambler.jpg
    rambler.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 81
Well I guess a resoration it will be.Thanks to all..my grandson used to ride in it with me when he first started walking and talking.We are trying to get it running again just to drive it as is for now.I am hoping it will be done by the time he is 16.I am thinking of giving it to him for graduation.

Build the Rambler. I built a 1958 Rambler American and been having a lot of fun with it. You would be surprise how many people would look at it and also ask what is it. People love the odd ball stuff

I agree with the make idea of making the Rambler a cool cruiser with a modern drivetrain and suspension up grades.
A friend of mine had one professionally built into a tube chassis drag car with a 526ci blown alcohol guzzling Hemi. Maybe I can find some pics.

I would restore it personally but then again I'm not into destroying classic cars and trucks by slamming them, or cutting the bodies all to hell just to do something "different" that has been done to death already! Why follow the pack?

Well I guess a resoration it will be.Thanks to all..my grandson used to ride in it with me when he first started walking and talking.We are trying to get it running again just to drive it as is for now.I am hoping it will be done by the time he is 16.I am thinking of giving it to him for graduation.

would you
could you
adopt me?!?
i'll be good!
promise!:D

I'd go with a resto-rod. Don't mess with the body unless to fix it right. What Tripper posted is a beauty. Update the steering, suspension, brakes to make it safer. Keep the drivetrain or beef it up to a sleeper. Unless it's going to be a museum piece, I wouldn't get too concerned with a real restoration.

The body is straight exept the drivers front fender(the old lady hit her mailbox) a little cancer on top of both front fenders..All glass is good..Interior is good exept for carpet....This car has bearly over 62,000 miles on it..I think it still has a few more left in it.

Latest posts

Back