WWII Vintage Aircraft Parts

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thunder1

Ever since I saw the "Backseat Betty" 32 coupe in a few magazines last year I got really interested in vintage aircraft parts for whatever reason? I guess it's the history behind the planes and the impact of the returning WWII GI's in the early days of the hot rod.

I thought you guys might like to look through this site. There's some cool stuff! I really like all the old Stewart-Warner gauges, and other instruments and controls this guy has for sale. I actually bought a recognition light control panel from a B-17 or B-24 bomber that I'm going to convert to use in my 51 f1. It'll house the Ignition power switch, light switch, and aux.fan switch.

http://www.aviation-antiques.com/index.html

I hope you enjoy the site,

Thunder1

Thanks for Sharing....

Cool site Thunder1, thanks for posting.. :cool:
As usual, the 2 or 3 things I would be interested in are already sold... :( '22

I've been needing a wind speed indicator! LOL.

This is a pic of one of my all time favorite steering wheels. Said it came from an F100 Super Sabre Fighter Jet - so he put it in his 1964 F100.

Rest of the truck can be seen here:
www.ford-trucks.com-gangstakr's truck
and here:www.ford-trucks.com-gangstakr's truck-2

was begining to think it was just me :D

iv (so far) got an oil pressure gauge out of a spitfire, a supercharger switch from the same - dont know what im gonna wire up to it yet, a boost gauge outta something - lancaster i think ?? reads too high for auto use but looks funky :eek: various panel lights for ????
good ole ebay :)

Latest posts

Back