You guys see this at the corvette museum ?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not a tupperware (corvette) fan really, but I do cherish the older ones especially if they have some heritage to them... I just have had a few experiences with vette owners who really have ego issues and think it is the end all be all sports car. I guess it was more about the owners than the car, and I'm impressed with the new vettes..

The only vette I never really cared for was the C4 which is mainly what is in the hole. In fact I thought it was great when Hot Rod Magazine got a hold of one and "modified" it for track testing......

hrdp_1011_01_o%2Bcorvette_hack_track_test%2B1985_vette_hacked_up.jpg

I hope they can save the 62 and the millionth. The first vette I ever drove was a 60, then a 62. They were pretty much claptrap cars, built with spare parts left over from 50s sedans but oh so much fun!!

I live about 2 hours from bowling green ky and its been all over the news here. it sucks to see cars with the history they have get all smashed up but vettes never did much for me, also there is another sinkhole that opened up in that area but far as I know no one was hurt in either sinkholes. they said they are going to rebuild all of them back and they had sinkhole insurance so im sure they got way more money then it will take to build the cars back and they said they might move that part of the building to another spot on the ground.

Just think about it ,,, that hole didn't get there over night . Its probably been eating away for a little while anyway,, that could have been very bad , just glad it fell threw at the time it did. And that hole is deep too!!!!!!!

Did anyone else notice that the floor - if you could call it that - seemed very thin? Didn't look any thicker than a few inches. And, shouldn't there be some rebar in there?

That really does suck and it would suck no matter what brand or make. The first thing I noticed in the pics Ive seen is how thin the floor was and no rebar. However if theres a gigantic hole under a thick floor with rebar its gonna give eventualy with a couple thousand pounds of weight sitting on it all the time.

Did anyone else notice that the floor - if you could call it that - seemed very thin? Didn't look any thicker than a few inches. And, shouldn't there be some rebar in there?

Very typical of concrete contractors. I was in the business for several years and many times I cut into a slab that was supposed to be 5 inches only to find it was 3 1/2. When scab contractors lowball to get a bid, the only way they can make money is to cheat on materials. A slab that is going to have cars should be a minimum of 5 inches and it looks like that one was about 3. If the slab had been built properly, it could have never fallen in like that.

Very typical of concrete contractors. I was in the business for several years and many times I cut into a slab that was supposed to be 5 inches only to find it was 3 1/2. When scab contractors lowball to get a bid, the only way they can make money is to cheat on materials. A slab that is going to have cars should be a minimum of 5 inches and it looks like that one was about 3. If the slab had been built properly, it could have never fallen in like that.

True, but then it would have been possible for the sinkhole to grow larger and have even more fall in. Could be one of those blessings in disguise they talk about :p

True, but then it would have been possible for the sinkhole to grow larger and have even more fall in. Could be one of those blessings in disguise they talk about :p

That's a good point. Suppose the hole grew big enough for the entire building to just fall right in? Could happen

Latest posts

Back