Your honesty please...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIGGLES!

Hi guys I am feeling a bit down, heck I am feeling a LOT down... last night I posted my build on the British NSRA and got some good & some bad posts but then today I got this PM...

Wayne, firstly welcome to the NSRA Forum.
Now for the bad bit - whilst there is no denying the effort you have put into modifying your Elf I'm sure you will agree that it does not fit within the ethos of a hot rod or custom.
The NSRA exists to promote hot rodding and whilst you are more than welcome to participate in forum discussions etc I would respectfully ask that you delete your posting of your car in the Readers Rides section of the forum.
Hopefully you will understand the reasons for this request.
It you want to discuss it please call me on **** ******.
Regards
Dave Biggadyke
NSRA Chairman

Now this is where I need your honesty...am I welcome here? I enjoy what I read and try and contribute where I can, BUT am I welcome and can you see my car for what it is - my vision, my effort, my ratty pride & joy.

If you want me gone say the word & I wll leave quitely.

If you do not know who I am a Brit Rat fan and you can see my car in my built thread link in my signiture.

Last edited:
Biggles,
I enjoy reading your posts, and as far as welcome here, I would say more than welcome.
You have to be pretty thick skinned to build cars that don't look like every one elses.
Many of the cars from this site have been shot down on the HAMB, or on hotrod sites. You can't let it bug you. Build a car for yourself. If you like it then to heck with what anyone thinks or says. Or give up and build a easter egg colored 32 from a kit, so no one will be offended. hang in there buddy.

Very welcome!

Your MK3 Riley Elf is a bold project from a man with a vision of what he wanted to drive and enjoy building. You could have just gone out and bought a Ford 3 window coupe and got a rod shop to build it, but this about your budget,your dream and your vision. Biggles ,your car is a one of a kind and you should be proud.:cool:

Now this is where I need your honesty...am I welcome here? I enjoy what I read and try and contribute where I can, BUT am I welcome and can you see my car for what it is - my vision, my effort, my ratty pride & joy.

If you want me gone say the word & I wll leave quitely.

If you do not know who I am a Brit Rat fan and you can see my car in my built thread link in my signiture.

Biggles,
Have u received any such response here... don't think so!?!?! And please don't tell us u've gone all sensitive now!!! :D:D:D

BoB

Don't worry about them,You are very welcome here and the elf is too.. I happen to love that little car and would drive it happily:D

Last edited:
I suggest you call the guy. Many of us would be interested in what is wrong with your car. NSRA was 1948 & older. However he dosen't state that as the problem. Call him and report back. Remember, you are appreciated here.

I say don't worry about it. I like your car and I enjoy seeing the updates. And more importantly, you like your car. No need to worry about posting it around here. I do understand that some boards feel the need to maintain the focus of the stated purpose of their forums, but I don't agree with being rude about it. Keep posting here about your car Biggles. That's my honest opinion. Plus you have a cool avatar :D that looks like the shift knob in my coupe.

Hey man that's harsh. I have something I want to point out, particularly to this guy that snubbed you. last time I checked I had a belly button....... just like everyone else. However that's where is stops. I do not wish to have my car pegged as a belly button. How much fun can it be when everyone has the same belly button... er ah I mean car. You and your car are very welcome here with us. :D

just read through your 'build' post and at first i didn't get it, but after reading it, that's a cool little ride. you should take pride in it for original thinking and design concepts, i'd ride in it anytime.

wanna come by and get me???

f~~k them other guys

oh ya, what exactly is this chairman dude's definition of the 'ethos of a hot rod or custom'???

i understand the meaning of the word 'ethos', don't never use it much myself aroud the shop, no reason too.....

ethos;
n. The disposition, character, or fundamental values peculiar to a specific person, people, culture, or movement: "They cultivated a subversive alternative ethos" (Anthony Burgess).

man, yer car screams hot rod and custom ethos

chopped up, suicide doors, supercharged...... if you get some dingleballs i'd call it a 'full pull'

As many here have stated, it's your car to build as you wish. As you can see, many here like your ride, myself included. It's as much a rod as any of our rides. So think of RRR as your rodding home.

btw,,,as much as anyone else here, you definitely belong,,,,
you have the sickness !!!

Your Ride....

Biggles, you have a great ride and we have enjoyed your build. :cool:
I wouldn't remove your car from their site.
If they don't like it, let them remove it.. :p :p

And, you really do belong here.... :D '22

I'd tell him to unknot his knickers. You are a reader and that is your ride. Also, let him know he is invited to participate in a sit & spin on his thumb. (if there is any room leftover from his head being in the same place)

How's this Bigs, pix of a car i built was posted by someone on the nsra board and they sure did not like it either.I feel that if everyone likes something i build then i haven't used used enough originality and creativity! Come on now, you know a lot of the guys on that board love that car.So you rocked the boat a little and now your a rebel, that gets you a gold star on this board :cool:

You like it and that is all that matters as you have to pay for the car and the mods and you have to look at it and drive it. Sounds very unfriendly at the NSRA forum but if you like what you are reading their and want to stay a member in good standing I would remove it if asked by a moderator. I love tinkering on and driving my old Falcon but also love working on my 2005 Mazda 3 wagon but do not bring it over here as it is way off topic for this forum, I am not sure if that is the problem you are having though.
Oh, I personally think your car is very cool. I love to see cars that are not available here in the US.

Dern tootin...

You better believe you are welcome here...

I mean shoot, my truck is a 1981 GMC and they let me hang around ...........

Build it your way and don't worry about anybody else.
Just be sure you post plenty of picks.....

Latest posts

Back