Your thoughts, advice, opinions ?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DonMan

Current project : `48 Ford pickup. I have the body sitting on a `85 Chevy frame / suspension. To be honest, I really don`t like the way it sits. It is way too high for my liking and the wheels are sitting too wide. I`m just not satisfied.
I have heard that an S10 frame would be a great option. I understand that a regular cab / long bed frame is near perfect wheelbase for my project.
I have an opportunity to buy a 2 wheel drive S10 blazer for $100. I know that I`ll need to extend the frame to obtain the correct wheelbase.

My questions are:
Should I pass on the Blazer and keep looking for an S10 pickup with correct wheelbase ?
Do you think it`s a good idea to extend the frame ?
Should I just give up building hot rods and take up needle point ?

i say pass on the blazer the frame is too short and wide find you a newer s-10 reg cab long bed on the newer ones the frames are boxed on the older s-10s the frame is still useable but its a c channel frame

ive also heard that most people are using the s-10 pickup frame with the s10 blazer rear axle

take some measurements of what you have and what you want, then go from there. I would hold out for whatever is going to be the least amount of work as far as a frame swap goes. If your going to be doing major frame alterations you might as well alter what you have and save your-self some money.

I heard somewhere that the Blazer frames are wider than pickup frames.
I`ve seen a few build ups of trucks like mine using the reg cab / long bed S10 frame and it looked like a very good match-up.
I think I will take the advice and keep looking for a pickup frame. There are plenty of dead S10`s around here. I`d like to score one for $100 or so.

Look up LAKOTA's profile here. Click his web-site and there are step by step instructions on how to put an S-10 frame under an F1 Ford.

Try to measure track width on your truck and compare it to the S10. Also try measuring a dakota chassis, the 2wd have a rack. That way there isn't any fighting the radiator and the steering gear.

Latest posts

Back