New Guy in FLA

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HotRod Dave

I have been lurking for some time but decided to join to view photos and to purchase parts I need. I just bought a 32 Chevy 5 window coupe and am in the process of making it a Hi Boy.

We all love a good 32 5 window. You gotta show some pics tho.
And tally up one more on the south east coast, the south coast guys may have lost their lead. Welcome to the site.

Welcome!!!

Dave,
Welcome to the forum! Make u're self @ home & feel free to post away... especially those '32 fotoz!!! Glad u could make it over! Strike up another one for the east coast take over!!! ; - >

BoB

Last edited:
Thanks to all, I feel very welcome. I will try to post some pics of the project, I have only owned it for a week but a 3" chop is in the works. Don, I am not sure about the Turkey Run but what Tampa run are you talking about? Are you referring to the Zephyrhills Fall run? As you can see I am a ways from driving it, but it is a start

CoupePassSide.jpg

CoupePassRear.jpg

CoupeFront.jpg

CoupeDriversRear.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to the site. You east coast guys are really multiplying. Oh well, at least us SoCal guys have the weather. Been seeing it was really hot and humid in your area. Don't let the mosquitos haul your coupe away...:D

Yes it is but I am not sure about semi gloss white... I am going to make the interior stucture out of steel and remove all the wood so it won't ever look like this again.

Hey Dave welcome to the sight. I hope you don't mind if I drop my two cents on you here, but being a professional collision and restoration mechanic I've noticed something about your car. You mentioned that you are going to chop it. That will look great, however there is so much damage to the top of your roof and lower sections it is my oppion that you should work and getting the body structually sound first. Possibly even mounted to a frame before you go cutting to top off. In your pics it looks to be somewhat out of square at this time and I'm afraid that if you do the roof first you may end up with a whole lot of problems with doors and trunk lid not fitting later on in the build.
If you have any questions along the way I'd be glad to help. :D

Roddguy, I am going to make the inner structure first as I know what you are referring too. The body does lean to one side and with the bottom not tyed to anything it does tend to be very flexible. But thanks for the .02.

The first thing is to 86 all the wood inside and get it all solid, like Roddguy says. If you don't do the bottom first, nothing will fit when you try to get it all back together. Remember, the door gaps are the most important thing to get right. Stitch everything together first and then do the "funstuff"...:D

Latest posts

Back