69 Cougar.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldsteeljunky

I am thinking about picking up this one to hold on to before they're all gone.

Attachments

• 2013-11-04 08.15.21.jpg
    2013-11-04 08.15.21.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 102
I've always wondered why those Cougars don't have a stronger following. [S
I think they are cool cars that have a little luxury to them. Kind of like a gentleman's muscle car.

The 69 has the odd no center post grill, but I still like Cougars, even into the 70's. I also enjoy doing a Google image search for them....:p

My mother had one when I was young and I will always remember the collaps of my little red wagon when my dad tried to use it to hold the 302 & c4.I did not get another wagon until I was too old to want one.

That would make a great future project. Don't see many around these days.
Now that I think about it, in the mid 80's there was a guy that had an Eliminator.
Yellow and black, 2v Cleveland, auto, highback buckets. LLLOOOOTTTSSSS of rust, but a near mint black interior. Wouldn't sell it whole, he had to part it out to make money on it. Last time I saw it it was minus the front spoiler, rear spoiler, hood scoop, rims, and part of the interior.

OK enough with the hijack. What would your plans be for it if you worked on it right now?

A 69/70 is on my Cougar wish list. I have the 71, and I had a 68 that I had to sell before I got the chance to build it. :( It was a rust free basket case with no engine that I picked up for a song. But there was a 390 in the garage. Sigh...

Latest posts

Back