I think this is a 37 ford...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cumminsfabshop

I am getting this cab for my first project but I'm not sure what year it is, any thoughts?
All of the tags are gone and, I'm a chevy guy so I'm not sure what to look for.
Thanks, Josh

Hello CFS, I am fairly intimate with those styles of cabs as I have just finished one. [36 Ford on Ranger] You don't have a '37 Ford, that is a '36. The '37 has a two piece windshield and two equal sized guauge holes in the driver side dash, although we can't see that in your picture. '35's and '36's have one piece windshields and three holes in the dash, a big centre one and two smaller ones. The '35's have a squarer front bottom corner at the A-pillar to cowl merging. That is a '36 cab. The '36 grille is the nicest one, ever. The '35 is almost as good and the '37 is yuccy, but not as yuccy as a '38.
The first pic and the finished dash are '36s and the second red one is a '37. The grille is a '36.
COOL PRIZE.

Attachments

• IMG_1005.jpg
    IMG_1005.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1004.jpg
    IMG_1004.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1007.jpg
    IMG_1007.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1081.jpg
    IMG_1081.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 20
Wow, thanks for the information, I am only getting the cab, so I will have to piece a few hundred other parts together... it is very solid and the roof is the only panel that isn't straight. I'd has a few bullet holes in it, but something I can fix.
The best part about it... I stopped and offered the guy what I thought it was worth. And he told me I could have it for what he paid for it... expectations were low because I was sure I couldn't afford it... ended up taking it home for free!
Over the next few months I will be building a full frame and four link front and rear suspension with air ride, and hopefully I will be dropping a 12 valve cummins in it

Good score looks pretty solid and the price was definitely right, cant argue with FREE! Im a huge fan of the 12 valve idea, i think you should do it and when you do post lots of pics, It'd be great to follow along. I'm putting a Cummins 4bt into a 52 dodge truck so im a fellow Cummins fan.

-Chris

I don't know anything about it, it was sitting upsidown in a creek and it is extremely rusted out in the top and front, the a pillars and cowl are gone

that bites, i would love to run across a good sedan body, even better when i have the cash for one.

I think the sedan is a 39 ford but I'm not 100% sure but it is almost too far gone.

Some of the bullet holes will probably get patched because of placement, but the others with real character will get to stay

Nice score. You guys out west have all the luck and have no idea what rusted out is. up in the northeast it's hard to find any thing that isn't beyond repair or so expensive you can't afford it. but nice catch can't wait to see what you do with it.

I got a 35 ford cab doesn't look like much diffrent if any looks as if that cab is solid and in good shape man I chopped my top 4 inches takes some work but worth it gives it that tough look you definitely got a keeper

Latest posts

Back