DDT - Damn Dodge Truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the low and wide look too. But I am going to throw an idea at you that might just mean even more work. I would chop the top 3" and take an additional 1 1/2" section out just below the side windows and through the hood area. Looks a little tall in the center to me. Either that or move the fenders up on the body to achieve the sectioned look. I really like the head light direction too. [P

If it gets sectioned through the cab, its coming out below the doors. That big rocker panel bugs me and the doors already look shortened.

9-29-112.jpg

Looking forward to this build, Flipper. I was bothered by the short door look when I built my Plymouth. I hope your headlight idea works out because stock headlight placement is also a sore spot with me.

Last edited:
1939 Coupe Express...Studebaker was ahead of their time in a lot of things. Your Dodge will look cool when your done...I agree with the low wide look

I've been rolling possible solutions to the front wheel placement issue (narrow suspension vs. widen fenders). Well, this wekend i saw a 39 Pontiac and studied the shapes of the front sheetmetal. Widening the Dodge fenders inside the peaks should look a little bit like the front fenders on this car.

Still daydreaming about how to build this truck. Thinking about rotating the outer part of the fender when I cut it apart to widen it. Hoping to create front fenders that have some 1936 Alfa shape to them. ...Dodge hood would get stretched out also to pull off the look.

Try and imagine a Dodge and this thing morphed together. ...too far out there?

36-Alfa-8C-2900A_Spider-DV-10-PBC_c01.jpg

36-Alfa-8C_DV_10-PBC_c01.jpg

36-Alfa-Romeo-8C_2900A_DV-10-PBC_01.jpg

Last edited:
Turns out I won't have to widen the fenders. The Fargo front cap that came with the truck was from a big truck and those fenders are about 4-5 inches wider. I mocked it up and I think it's gonna work. I'll post pics when I get home (late Monday night)

Can't you get the cap lower, then raise the bottom of the fender?

Following along. I started fitting my front sheet metal last night.

Thats a really good looking truck, I can't wait to see it slammed down!
Love the wheels too!

I'm not 100% sure if I want to leave the bed full length or cut it down a little.

It is 7'6" stock, but it looks pretty good in the mock-up as is.

Flipper, I extended the bed 4" on this Ford pickup to make up the difference because of using a S10 frame and the owner didn't want the frame cut down to fit the truck :confused:
The wheels are dead center of the fender openings, the angle I took the pic makes it look a hair off :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2013-07-08_16-20-45_488.jpg
    2013-07-08_16-20-45_488.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 163
  • 2013-06-24_12-30-45_993.jpg
    2013-06-24_12-30-45_993.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 151

Latest posts

Back