100 Footer C10

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smallfoot

He's rockin' the "Nuttin Special"!
I started correcting issues on this thing maybe 4 months ago. It's been a royal pain to try and keep it usable and do all the things I wanted to do. The following pics are just a few and I will post more later. I just finished painting it again. It's not primer, it's called gloss smoke gray! The color I chose looked a little darker in pics and can examples but hey, I hate painting, not into it at all. So thus the name 100 Footer. It looks ok from a distance. My buddy Jr said it looked pretty good. I told him it had orange peel, lemon peel, tangerine peel, and if you get real close you can probably see some watermelon seed and pumpkin seed too! Then I told him I painted it with 50 grit and a rock...
IMG_20240924_150439.jpeg
IMG_20240929_103129.jpeg
IMG_20240929_103141.jpeg
IMG_20240929_103154.jpeg
IMG_20240929_103209.jpeg
IMG_20240929_103227.jpeg
IMG_20240924_150428.jpeg
Anyway, here's a couple shots this am of me washing it. I even waxed it....hmmm! The bed came out nice I think for home made lumber. Off a an oak tree I saved from the logging next door. It's not clear grained like most people would use for bed material, but it really is pretty grained with ray fleck showing. Might not show up in these crappy pix from my cell phone. It's a big improvement over the thrown in plywood bed it's been carrying around since I bought the truck years ago. Got a few shots of that and the paint this time along with a before pic of the seats I rescued from my motorhome. The seats it had were custom buckets. The drivers seat had a fold down armrest/glove box and the seat was really wide at the bottom making it impossible to find seat covers that slip on. If you own dogs you know you have to change them frequently. The motorhome seats had armrests too but I removed them and found some nice canvas covers that I'll post later. Ill post more pix later. This thing has been a pain. Since I started upgrading problems I've replaced most of the wiring, all the gauges, dash panels, fuse panel, relays, starter, fuel pump, carb, master cylinder, calipers in the front, brake shoes, changed brake lines , both rubber and solid, new tires on a set of rally wheels I traded for, and while I was wiring I added new switches too. Nothing on the steering wheel works except the position lever now. The bright switch went old school to the floor and the ac was removed and the heater replaced.....whew! If I'm lucky, the pix will work!

It's different seeing you work on something this new
Much rather have been done with it so I can refresh some things on the other ones...(y) it's close! I pulled it out of the barn and pulled the 31 in so I can work on the brakes and do some other maintenance. Looks like I'll be replacing the rear wheel cylinders on it. Want to do an oil and filter change along with a filter and fluid change on the th350. Never ends if you want to keep em driving!

Latest posts

Back