1928 buick 28-20 (Two Door)

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a bunch more done today, everything fits pretty good.

My_Buick_096.jpg

My_Buick_097.jpg

My_Buick_099.jpg

My_Buick_100.jpg

TiredIron, do you have a rim for your spare ? I got a bunch. BTW the ride is lookin' very sweeeet

Yes, I just need to pick up a tube for it ;)

Thanks for all the comments guys, I have built a couple hundred vehicles over the years and I really think this mmay be one that I hang on to.

The frame should be fine, the engine and trans that was in it was much heavier than what's in it now and the SBC isn't as wild as it looks...also the rear axle is an open dif (no locker). If I was running a locked rear with larger tires (where it would hook up) I would be concerned but the buick frame is a lot heavier than most cars of this era and should hold up.

The frame should be fine, the engine and trans that was in it was much heavier than what's in it now and the SBC isn't as wild as it looks...also the rear axle is an open dif (no locker). If I was running a locked rear with larger tires (where it would hook up) I would be concerned but the buick frame is a lot heavier than most cars of this era and should hold up.

Not to rain on your parade,But you are talking about 81 year old metal. That 6 that was in there was an anchor but it did not have the kind of torque that that SBC does. That is basically the same frame I have in my 35. It needs to be boxed or it is going to be an issue.

Latest posts

Back