1933 chevy tudor sedan aka Project Copper Tone!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ain't done much since the last time I posted. Had a friend come in from outta town so been showin him round and getting him acclimated to the area. I was sposed to go look at a truck cab on Saturday but that turned out to be a bust. I hate when people say they wanna sell something and forget to mention that it's not actually theirs or that it's at a different location. Oh well, I guess it's God tellin me that I need to focus on one project at a time. Anyhow, went out to the shop for a few hours this morning and worked the tunnel a little bit more. What I did, since I didn't have clearance for a gas pedal even with cutting and welding the brake pedal, I took some material out of the tunnel and put an angle to it. I cut roughly 2" into the side and 5" down to get what I think will work. It's gonna be one of those "cut weld, cut weld, cut weld" sorta things. Anyhow, I'll post a few pictures when I get a chance and remember.

Ain't done much since the last time I posted. Had a friend come in from outta town so been showin him round and getting him acclimated to the area. I was sposed to go look at a truck cab on Saturday but that turned out to be a bust. I hate when people say they wanna sell something and forget to mention that it's not actually theirs or that it's at a different location. Oh well, I guess it's God tellin me that I need to focus on one project at a time. Anyhow, went out to the shop for a few hours this morning and worked the tunnel a little bit more. What I did, since I didn't have clearance for a gas pedal even with cutting and welding the brake pedal, I took some material out of the tunnel and put an angle to it. I cut roughly 2" into the side and 5" down to get what I think will work. It's gonna be one of those "cut weld, cut weld, cut weld" sorta things. Anyhow, I'll post a few pictures when I get a chance and remember.

Your project is coming along nicely! I totally can relate to God telling me to focus on hte project that I have going on. :D I'd funny how He does that!

I ain't done a thing for the last couple of weeks. Weathers sposed to start warming up so hopefully this week ill be able to get out to the shop. Got a wish list on summit going so I know I still haveta order a lot of parts. Hoping to get the rear of the floor welded in and maybe even get the body back off one more time so I can plumb in the brakes.

Weather has finally warmed up enought to do some work. THANK GOD!!!! So today, I got out to the shop and did a bit of tinkering/welding. Got my fuel tank welded back together, still need to weld a filler neck to the top, put my "sight glass" in, and weld a piece to the side where I cut off the old ugly propane stuff. I still gotta figure out how ill mount it to the car but man does it look good and fit perfectly.

Also ordered a few parts yesterday that should be in either this week or next. Either way, things are going to start coming together.

To respond to 34, I wanna say that the heavier duty ones are the ones you have. But I could be wrong. I remember that when talking to the guys at ECI, there are 2 important measurements. The first being the outside which should be 1/4 or .75" and the inside is somewhere around an inch and 1/4 but again, I can't remember. Your best bet is to call them and check. I wish I could remember for you but my memory is very much lacking.

To respond to 34, I wanna say that the heavier duty ones are the ones you have. But I could be wrong. I remember that when talking to the guys at ECI, there are 2 important measurements. The first being the outside which should be 1/4 or .75" and the inside is somewhere around an inch and 1/4 but again, I can't remember. Your best bet is to call them and check. I wish I could remember for you but my memory is very much lacking.

Hey thnx Endicott . I will give them a buzz .

Fuel tank, mostly done.

So I got going on my fuel tank a bit more. It's sad to say that it took me all day to make the brackets and test fit the tank. It looks cool and the brackets are more than heavy duty enough. I used part of the filler tube and the cap from the truck. It's not as cool as a flip top but hey, it's recycling at it's best. Anyhow, here are some pics.

Looks great! Old propane tanks are great for fuel tanks.
They are usually have a little rust internally that can give you
a little trouble with sediment.
I cleaned mine with muratic acid that really cleaned them up.
That and a good inline filter and hit the road.

Looking good!!

This tank didn't have much if any rust to begin with pops but I may run a bit of lacquer thinner through it to try and clean it up some before I throw fuel into it. Also I plan on using a couple of inline filters including an old school ford tractor sediment bowl filter before the fuel pump. I figure this will make for a real cool fuel tank.

I'm using an old propane tank for mine too! Surely doesn't look like you'll sling that tank out of there easy! Looks stout...

Latest posts

Back