1936 chevy low cab build 1.5T

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don t listen to that miracle gro stuff ! U up graded a 6 to an 8 ! Great built build it the way u want to or the wat th budget let's ya !

haha.. its cool they are just messing with me..

:D How bout one with a big hole in the side of the block, where one shouldn't be?:D:D

Lookin GOOD bro. Keep it up.

Ohhhh its got one of those custom speed holes? man those are rare!

In that one pic the front looks narrow, must be decieving. I think it looks great just kidding about the engine.

the front is about 60-62 wide.. dont recall exactly at the moment out side of tire to outside of tire.. as it sits currently the front tire splits the rear two.. which was kinda what i was going for...

I know man.. i wish i could have something more interesting.. but.. maybe someday i want to get it on the road!

couple quick mock up pics from tonight.. spent most of the night cleaning up... things get out of control quick..

anyway.. i think im going to need to take a good 4-6 inches out of the shell.. i want to snake it between the axle and the front of the frame... and hang the lower portion below the frame.. some how...

grillshellmockupsideview.jpg

Grillshellmockup.jpg

I think im going to need to look into one of those mustang radiators eveyone uses.. im hoping it will fit.. any one know the dims off the top of there head?

thanks guys.. according to google.. should be somewhere around 18.5"x21.25"x2.5"

I will have to do some more measurements.. but i think it will work.. which would be good.. cause you can get them pretty cheep

its not morning but the same day, lol.

i went to the widest points for ya.
21" tall, 19.5" wide with mounting flanges, 3.5" wide/ tank.

Thanks man... I didnt make it out to the garage tonight anyway... last minute junk at work.. you guys know how it goes...

Ill have to measure and verify but I think it should work, are you running an aluminum one? I suppose i could just go look in your build.. haha

Can’t believe I’ve missed this thread until now! :eek:

Awesome truck!!! [cl

This is what my son wanted to build, the only difference, he would have wanted the rear wheels tucked up to the back of the cab. We looked at a couple of trucks, but then the sedan came up and was too cheap to pass on.

Great job, looking forward to more updates. :D

Dang Corpo.

Yer ryde is looking sweet man! Im lovin it that I got another dually man on here. LOL;)

Think you can get a complete side shot from about knee level? Im trying to see yer porportions from a side angle. Tnx, RR

Can’t believe I’ve missed this thread until now! :eek:

Awesome truck!!! [cl

This is what my son wanted to build, the only difference, he would have wanted the rear wheels tucked up to the back of the cab. We looked at a couple of trucks, but then the sedan came up and was too cheap to pass on.

Great job, looking forward to more updates. :D

Thanks, your build is looking great

Dang Corpo.

Yer ryde is looking sweet man! Im lovin it that I got another dually man on here. LOL;)

Think you can get a complete side shot from about knee level? Im trying to see yer porportions from a side angle. Tnx, RR

Dont know if i will be able to get you that shot any time soon, theres no pavement in front of the garage, and its kinda up hill so its not a lot of fun pushing it out.. Ill see what I can do

I love the stance and the overall look , very excited for you !

Thanks man , Im pretty excited myself, still alot to do... I think the overall look/stance will get a little nicer when i get the right tires on there... there going to be big white walls.. still up in the air on rim color...

I can't believe I had to search 6 pages back to bump this thread.......:):):)

Any updates buddy??[;):D

I know seriously... my build has fallen deep into the abyss..

I see a light on but i don't think anyone's home :(

haha.. sorry guys...

Soon i hope I will have something worth while to show you guys... I have done a few small things. But for the most part I have been cleaning and reorganizing the garage.. Instead of taking the truck off to storage this year we are going to leave it here so I can hopefully get some more stuff done.. wired and hung a 6 florescent fixtures (each with 4 bulbs) that i got for free.. so now the garage glows.. haha

I have been working on the floor structure a bit.. i changed my plan on that a lot.. Started working on the headers.. and been working on my shifter linkage and started toying with the cowl steering..

Don't feel bad. Most of us are in the same boat. A rare few who have the time and drive to keep going to finish their rods make us all look bad! I usually only get 1-3 hours on sunday to work on my own hot rods. 60-71 hours a week at the day job and then 2-3 hours a night on side work for extra money doesnt leave much time for family AND rods. [S

Don't feel bad. Most of us are in the same boat. A rare few who have the time and drive to keep going to finish their rods make us all look bad! I usually only get 1-3 hours on sunday to work on my own hot rods. 60-71 hours a week at the day job and then 2-3 hours a night on side work for extra money doesnt leave much time for family AND rods. [S

yeah I hear you man, Its going to be a beautiful weekend for the hunnert car pile up this sat, and it just really makes me wish the truck was done and I would be crusin down there in it.. rather than my lame daily...

Small updates...

Made this mount for my shifter out of odd bends I had layin around. I wanted the shifter to mount to the trans and not to the floor...

shiftermount2.jpg

Shiftermount1.jpg

Been messing with my exhaust,
Heres a mock up..
Exhaustmockup.jpg

Heres the start of one of my "cones" Im very happy with how this turned out.. my old man said it would never work..

my welder is currently not working so the hose clamps will have to hold it for now.. Hopefully I will get my welder up and running tonight...
fabricatedcone.jpg

Also made these.. pretty happy with how these turned out, I was given these old valve covers that a guy had on his 58 vett which has the staggered hole pattern.. I know that you can buy adapters.. but where it the fun in that...???

Adapterplates1.jpg

In place
adapterplates2.jpg

A definite improvement if you ask me... I do still need to fab up some breathers to add to the sides of them...
Valvecoversinplace.jpg

Latest posts

Back