1949 Chevy Styleline Deluxe 4 door.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ratrod94

Here is the 1949 Chevy Styleline Deluxe 4 door i bought for $600.00. My plans are to replace the 216 and 3 speed with a 283 and newer 3 speed. but keep the rest of the car stock. im going redo all of the body work which is not alot then paint everything flat black til i can get the cash for a good new paint job. and just drive it. lol.

Attachments

• 49 deluxe 003.JPG
    49 deluxe 003.JPG
    153.4 KB · Views: 42
  • 49 deluxe 004.JPG
    49 deluxe 004.JPG
    153.6 KB · Views: 33
  • 49 deluxe 005.JPG
    49 deluxe 005.JPG
    151.1 KB · Views: 30
  • 49 deluxe 006.JPG
    49 deluxe 006.JPG
    150.2 KB · Views: 28
  • 49 deluxe 007.JPG
    49 deluxe 007.JPG
    153 KB · Views: 28
  • 49 deluxe 008.JPG
    49 deluxe 008.JPG
    160 KB · Views: 27
  • 49 deluxe 009.JPG
    49 deluxe 009.JPG
    154.3 KB · Views: 28
Another thing. lol I now know what they mean by a ''barn fresh'' car. i was cleaning out the car and there on the back seat was a dead sparrow :( ... talk about scream like a girl [P . i did til i saw it was dead. the freezing weather here in nebraska kept it preserved. lol. :confused:

Great start,Have fun with it. If ya decide you don't want that plate guard on the front bumper let me know I am looking for a couple of them:rolleyes:
I am doing a 52 coupe myself. Good luck with it and keep us posted.

Great start,Have fun with it. If ya decide you don't want that plate guard on the front bumper let me know I am looking for a couple of them:rolleyes:
I am doing a 52 coupe myself. Good luck with it and keep us posted.

Thanks and. lol i want it. but il see if i can find you one. i have a friend who's uncle has a parts car im taking parts off of. hey would you mind joining my Face book page? theres no groups for cars like ours so i made one on face book.

Looks like a heck of a start!

Was that some Johnny Cash in the back ground?:D

one thing about old music. Im trying to find Wolfman Jack recordings so i can put them on a CD. so when i hook up a stereo in my car i can have them playing at car shows. lol see if i can bring back some Nostalgia for the older Generation :D

Frame

im thinking about maybe sitting my car on either a newer Caprice frame. or dually or 3/4 ton frame any ideas? or just swapping the 216 and 3 speed with a 235 and 4 speed.. or 2speed powerglide would like to build this car for light to light action you know. a car that loves pony meat

Caprice is probably too wide of track width. My 48 Olds sits on 85 Cutlass suspension and with wheel adapters comes out almost perfect for track width.

Unless the floor is gone or you plan to slam it into the ground, just build off the original frame and clip the front end.

"Light to light" ....on a dually frame?!?

Unless the floor is gone or you plan to slam it into the ground, just build off the original frame and clip the front end.

"Light to light" ....on a dually frame?!?

i wouldnt put it on a dually frame for light to light i was just thinking of ideas. lol.. but what would be a good cheap set up for light to light?

Another thing. lol I now know what they mean by a ''barn fresh'' car. i was cleaning out the car and there on the back seat was a dead sparrow :( ... talk about scream like a girl [P . i did til i saw it was dead. the freezing weather here in nebraska kept it preserved. lol. :confused:

LMAO Ratrod94 (The Outlaw)....[cl nice ride by the way

Latest posts

Back