1957 Volvo pv444 ....Rat worthy?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

volvorat57

Hello,

Well here is the car im going to build.
its a 1957 volvo pv444. (BareBones)
Plans include lowering it, removing all fenders, slap a v8 in her and go have fun.
Im going to try my hardest to buy everything used and just as old as the car, "No new tech" it will be a mix of a bunch of different makes/models 60 and older. The interior will be bare bones as will the exterior, no trim no emblems.
Im very much into painting cars and doing body work but for the sake of this era and the mind set I am in for this car and the future 32 ford.
It will be Primed only. its a fun car, NOT a trailer queen. So there is no point in a high dollor paint job. For this one im thinking flat black
Built to drive.....

And the pictures.
Day 1:
SN859924.jpg

Day 3: (Just a mock up in the garage)
SN859933.jpg

SN859928.jpg

SN859931.jpg

Thanks for looking and please leave some feedback.
Im interested in knowing what everyone thinks.. ( even though im gonna do it anyway)

Erik Baxter

You may want to use newer suspension and brakes just for safety sake. Plus they can also be less expensive than the old traditional stuff which has gone through the roof price wise.

I'd hang a straight front suicide axle on it and some big meats in the back. Make it look like a fuel altered.

Cool ride!

Volvorat,
Love those old Volvos, they look just like old Fords. You ought to think about hanging a Ford grill on it to throw everyone off. I'm with DMW about newer suspension.

Beercan

I've always like those cars. Theey kind of remind me of mini 41-48 Ford Sedans. I think I like em best with fenders, but it's all good.

I've always liked that model of Volvo, but never had the opportunity to get one. Have seen several that were nicely done up as rods. Good luck with yours.

Thanks Everyone,
I to have been thinking about keeping the fenders. the fenders I have now are in ... "ok" shape. the rear fenders are the worse. but I may just straighten them out.
Im glad to see most of you like the volvo.. was kinda worried about getting slammed for it.
And of course gasser has ben stuck in my head also.
Again Thanks for all the positive responses.
I will keep you updated as it moves along.

P.s looking fo a cheap running v8 ford chevy, moper, what ever.

Those cars are cool. I saw a picture on the HAMB of one made onto a coupe.
I have know a couple people that had them just made into nice street cars. One was lowered a lirrle in front, painted bright red and had chrome wire wheels. Both had the stock 4 banger abd got along quite nicely. I think a V8 would ruin the ambiance of a nice 50s euro car.

volvo pv444 as a ratrod/hotrod?

Heres a couple of photos from my collection,as someone who is doing something different as well,I say well chosen. Good lines/curves and a body that can be lowered/sectioned.Please keep us us informed.

Attachments

• volvo low.jpg
    volvo low.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 62
  • volvo phat.jpg
    volvo phat.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 61
  • volvo rat.jpg
    volvo rat.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 71
Heres a couple of photos from my collection,as someone who is doing something different as well,I say well chosen. Good lines/curves and a body that can be lowered/sectioned.Please keep us us informed.

WOW.. any more pictures or a website i can go to for the one on the far right? So sexy...

Very cool. I have allways liked these. At first I thought keep the fenders, but if it can be done right, might look good fenderless. Sure wont see another one very often if ever.

Latest posts

Back