1990 350 engine mounts?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rollingthunder

Will a chevy 350 from 1990 have the same mounts as earlier motors.. I found a cross member from speedway that says it will fit 350's up to 83.. what the hell changed after that year??? Thanks!

what does the cross member look lik
it may just be the style of mount,,, the block where the mount goes should be the same,, i use 66 impala mounts on all my newer motors,,, my 4.3 v6 has the same mount on block as earlier mounts ... i useing 66impala mounts on my 94..

this one mounts to the frame,, with a clamshell on the motor

5303273_anh_2621_pri_thmb.jpg

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/we...S--Mr--Gasket_22900902-P_27_R|GRPENGPAMS_____
this one is a solid mount that goes on the motor, which is use on earlier model cars,,http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/we...S--Mr--Gasket_22900902-P_27_R|GRPENGPAMS_____

product_CHEVROLET-SOLID-ENG-MNTS--Mr--Gasket_22900902-P_27_R%7CGRPENGPAMS_____

The motor side are the same bolt pattern its the frame mount that changed. heres an older style.
60-62MM03.jpg

Newer style has the rubber on the frame, older style has rubber to the block!!
Older style has two ears sticking down, and just goes over a bolt tube!
Hope this helps!!

BTW the one shown above is also an older style, but if the crossmember is the style I think your talking about, this one will not work!!

Last edited:
Remember on the 65 thru 68,Chevy V8's

yeah 66 impala

used those stainless crimped cables that looped around the manifold and then down to the upper control arm to keep the engine from going full throttle if the motor mount broke under hard acceleration.....??? Chevy's fix for crappy motor mounts that couldn't take hard acceleration....lol

Our track rules wouldn't let us run solid mounts for a long time so we ran a small chain from one of the lower bolt holes off the block to the frame!!
Same principle as the cables, but free!
BTW, that was a dumb rule!! ha ha

Actually I think it was a dumb fix for GM....lol

Our track rules wouldn't let us run solid mounts for a long time so we ran a small chain from one of the lower bolt holes off the block to the frame!!
Same principle as the cables, but free!
BTW, that was a dumb rule!! ha ha

You'd think they could come out with something a bit for sophisticated!!

Latest posts

Back