1st build, 1933 olds rat

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just found this build! WOW! What a car, and lucky for IT that you found it. Most people would have let it stay sitting. You are doing a remarkable job on it. Sounds like you are an engineer with all that figuring and such. AND, like has been said, incredible welding. Perley

im far from an engineer, i just get things stuck in my head and put it to real life. but thank you.

well the brown truck stopped today.
i got my rear rims, ladder bars, bushings for my motor mounts. i then stoped at the local chassie shop and got my a piece of chrome moly for the motor mounts and 2ea 3/4" hiems and bungs for the radius rods.

more pics.

here are the heims on the front of the radius rods. i need more mixed gas for my mig. so everything fronm this weekend besides the motor mounts are just taked.

REARSUS001.jpg

REARSUS002.jpg

REARSUS011.jpg

here are the ladder bars. i went with ladder bars because of clearance and length. 4 links are cool, but for crusing around they really arent needed. but here are the pics of these.

it was cool to watch the rear end go up and down with the jack, simple things for simple minds lol. maybe it just because i put it in.

REARSUS007.jpg

REARSUS009.jpg

REARSUS010.jpg

i got the panhard bar in and welded. got 1 of 4 air bag mounts made. if i can find the right stuff tomorrow those will be in and done. which would be a wrap for the rear suspension other than shock mounts.

oh boy, im so happy. i got the other 3 air bag mounts in for the rear. i did a test lift and everything looked good, but i have to move the panhard bar over some. i didnt think the bag was going to expand so much to the sides. also here are the rims i plan on using.

hope you guys like.

002.jpg

001.jpg

thank you guys

yea there 18", 1" taller than factory and a whole lot wider.

i wanted to do 20" and drop the body down past the wheels. but my body is to wide for it. im going to run 28" x12" r18 mt sr tires in the back. im looking at the 26"x8" r18 for the front

to bad you werent running 19,s. I gots some 325/30r19's that would be awesome on it! :D

just my luck jfg455, but the rim choise i got they didnt come in 19's.

well i got the radius rods just about done, the frame mount for the rod ends are all most done as well. i cut off the extra front frame today as well. i was able to sit the grill shell in place to see what this monster might look like when its done.

i didnt have the camera out there today so when i got out tomorrow ill snap a couple pics.

ive been spending a ton of time just stairing at things and how i would like things done. i get a game plan and start to get it done then i change my mind and do it another way, lol.

i got a couple ideas for the front spring/ bag or what ever i do combo. i just havent nailed down which one. im really leaning towards the shock/ air bag combo just to make things simple.

well i got some more done today. i made up the tranny cross member. redid 1 motor mount and pushed it out of the garage to clean under it. boy i had a mess going.

yep015.jpg

yep013.jpg

yep012.jpg

yep011.jpg

i had to back my wifes car up so i could push it out into the day light. as i was backing up and looking at the rake of the car i hit the house with the wifes car. its allways something around here.

yep010.jpg

yep009.jpg

yep007.jpg

yep001.jpg

looking really good.....[cl[cl

i think you might hafta rethink the location of the brake/clutch pedals though....:D:D

just funnin ya:rolleyes:

[;)HRP

Latest posts

Back