1st build Twin turbo s10 modern rat

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:D

I've been looking for an s10 rat rod for quite some time. Ive been tossing the idea around for a while and have been talking it over with my dad but we could never seem to find one that actually looks good. I was going to give up until I saw this, we were thinking of chopping the frame and putting in a straight axle to get more of that classic look though. Love the truck, keep us updated.

moved it back almost foot cant go back anymore now we already mounted it and we looked at the grill up closer we have it mounted now its a lil closer but it didnt look right close to tires

The grill just doesn't fit. It sticks out past the wheels way too far. Cool truck but it would be cooler with S-10 front sheet metal IMHO.

I like the way the S10 cab looks, and who can argue with twin turbos? I realize you can't move the motor and radiator back because of the IFS - proportions are always a problem with those.

BUT, one big suggestion - rethink your grill and front end. Save the upright grill for something it fits. The tall proportions don't match the wide S10 body. Fab something more appropriate:
attachment.php
that old Suburban (?) would look great if the grill didnt make it look like an owl with a clef palette.

Latest posts

Back