34 Chrysler

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
post pics

good progress. post pics of what your'e doing on the car:D.

got my 33 dodge sat on the frame for mock up and measuring where to cut. l posted pics. check'em out.

later

Very nice work on the slice and dice.. I had a 34 Dodge not too long ago. Someone was asking about a chop? Here's what it would look like with 4 1/2 inches out of the top. I also cut the jump ramp off the back and made the rear more like a 33. I kept the back doors on the 34 though. I sold it and regret it, so I bought a 33 shell to do.
Picture180.jpg

Here's the 33 Dodge I just picked up about a month ago. I'll be doing a two door conversion too, radical channel job to get it low. No chop on this one. I have to finish my 27 T before I start on it though.
001-5.jpg

hey Reb, can you show what you did to the ass end of that 34? I have been thinking of shortening the tail on mine as it is 4 inches lower than the rockers. I also could modify the wheel openings at the same time if I do that.

Skull,
I will try to get a pic of the car today. I can show the vent handles also.
I am watching your progress.

George

It's gonna be nice , are you sure you don't want to chop it ???

I am positive I dont want to chop it, Fords need the chop as their window openings are too large. This car looks chopped at least 4 inches compared to a Ford body. Look at the windshield on the 34 that rebstew built, that is too small for a street car in my opinion. I want to be able to see out of the car.
I am also channeling the car 6 inches, that plus a 4 inch chop would give up ten inches of interior height. I am 6'4" so that would suck !!

top chop

l know what ya mean mr.172.
my 33 dodge only has about 9'' of windshield to see out of. if it's chopped much at all I would have to stick my head out of the hole in the roof to see to drive it safely.:D

later

proposed tail chop

I go to thinking about the tail of my car after seeing Rebstews post about cutting his. I am going to cut mine like this tomorrow....Here is the body as it is now
progressprofileminusbackground.jpg

Here is what I am proposing, thats about 10 inches off the lip

progressprofileminusbackgroundplust.jpg

hey Reb, can you show what you did to the ass end of that 34? I have been thinking of shortening the tail on mine as it is 4 inches lower than the rockers. I also could modify the wheel openings at the same time if I do that.

Skull,
I will try to get a pic of the car today. I can show the vent handles also.
I am watching your progress.

George
I don't want to fill your log with my junk. I have a complete pic by pic build log on the link below.
This was a little crude compares to what I like. I used 3/8 brake line to mold the bottom lip. I was going to run the brake line around a new radius for the wheel well opening. I was going to cut and raise the wheel wells in the rear as well as give them a more rounded look but I never got to finish it. . Here some pics if you can't get to the link let me know and I'll toss up a few shots.
http://www.scroungers.net/project-progress-f9/1934-dodge-the stewart-mini-van-t5.htm
One this is once you get to this point there's no turning back.LOL
Picture106.jpg

I like your decision not to chop it, its getting so every body of that style gets chopped to pieces and channeled to the ground. After the first couple 50 I saw that way its getting pretty old for me anyway. Course everyone's taste is different. But its been done to death like SBC's.. haha..

Regards,

Rev. D.

Here is what I have done today so far....

DSC_0001-2.jpg

I found the center of the window and used that as the center of the car. I made a string tied on a pencil the length of the measured distance and drew the radius on both sides. I laid tape lines to mark the straight part of the cut. I laid three lines down as I wanted to see where the line would look the best.
I cut below the third line and on the pencil marked radius.
DSC_0003-2.jpg

I still have to clean the cuts up, I might take a bit more off as I am making everthing look good. This is right after I severed the end off. I photoshopped the wheel well a tad, I have not cleaned that up yet.

DSC_0007-4.jpg

Ok back to work, I will be back later with better pix I hope.

Looks like when you got your wings clipped you were able to remove some damage at the same time , looks good . I think it's going to turn out good if you follow your vision .

DSC_0001-3.jpg

Here the body is dropped off at the restoration depot. Thats a pantera next to my car. They have a Chrysler Ghia inside they are restoring.

Wow, I can't believe how well it looks like it's going to fit together. You are right it doesn't need a chop (but maybe like 2" would look kinda cool!). Great to see another MoPar guy. That's gonna be so freakin' awesome!

2" wedge to the front, kinda even it up, looks great on the fitment!!!![cl

update

I picked the body up from 'Restoration Depot' today, here are a few pictures of what they did to the car.
There is a bit of surface rust still in the cowl vent, but everywhere else they did a great job of removing the nastiness that has accumulated over the years.

DSC_0003-6.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0011-1.jpg

Did they dip the body?? Or was it blasted? it sure looks clean

Latest posts

Back