34 Chrysler

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice build and the de-rusting looks great, a clean slate to work on. BUT, I really like the pic with the Panhead in the background!!! What year is it, I had a 1960 that I rebuilt twice and rode for yrs. Its the one bike out of all that I've had over the yrs that I miss the most. Like David Allen Coe says "Love that old panhead of mine!"

I welded the bottom of the grill shell back on, then bent 3/8 round stock to the inside contour of the lower section. After welding that to the inside of the shell, I cut the pan portion of the grill shell off. I still have more welding to do and some final shaping but it is stronger than new and fits with the fenderless theme now. I have a couple ideas for the insert, I will surprise yall with that later.
DSC_0019.jpg

I have decided to cut the rear quarters up, I cant seem to find a rear axle wide enough to hang the tires outside the body anyway, so I am gonna tub it like I have been scared to until now. It will look alot more like a drag race car after this!! Stay tuned.

wheel wells/tubbed

have you figured out the rear tire clearance problem yet? if not check out my therad and see how we solved this problem.

when we started re-doing the rear inner fender wells to make mini tubs for my rear tire clearance, we used a old single axle trailer fender cut in half down the middle, worked great.
hope this helps.

Later[;)

Latest posts

Back