37-41 Ford I-beam. Should i buy?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustyRunnin_on_Bowtie

$95 on craigslist
ok deal?
Listing says:
"This is a nice drilled original stock axle from a '37-'41 Ford. This was on a old hot rod. Nice and straight. Kingpin and perch boss holes are in good shape. Ready to be used & priced to move. $95. Feel free to email me with any questions."

Attachments

• 00u0u_cbMTQADPw3g_600x450.jpg
    00u0u_cbMTQADPw3g_600x450.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 43
The axles after 34 are not as desirable as the earlier ones for hot rods because the spring perches are so far apart. That does two things, it puts the wishbone out close to the tires on turns, and it also makes it hard to find a proper fitting spring. All the regular springs are made for the narrower perch to perch dimension, not for these later axles, so finding a spring can be very tough.

Don

The axles after 34 are not as desirable as the earlier ones for hot rods because the spring perches are so far apart. That does two things, it puts the wishbone out close to the tires on turns, and it also makes it hard to find a proper fitting spring. All the regular springs are made for the narrower perch to perch dimension, not for these later axles, so finding a spring can be very tough.

Don

Hmmm wish I would of seen your post before I bought it.... Lol. :confused:

Latest posts

Back