39 plymouth rat

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plymouth rat

hello, im trying to put some pics on of my truck, not sure how to do it yet, anyways its a 39 plymouth, chopped 7 inches and channeled 6, 17 inch rims in front and there will be 15 in back with homemade whitewalls, running 305 auto, its been fun and this forum has been alot of help,

Attachments

• DCFC0064.JPG
    DCFC0064.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 82
  • DCFC0060.JPG
    DCFC0060.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 192
  • DCFC0062.JPG
    DCFC0062.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 59
  • DCFC0065.JPG
    DCFC0065.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 103
  • DCFC0074.JPG
    DCFC0074.JPG
    117.8 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
Easiest way is to go to photobucket.com and open an account(it is free). Load your photos on to there. When you want to post a picture here, find your photo, right click and copy as img. and paste here. If you want to do it without that, go to the Problems section on the main forum. There is a thread in there on posting pics. Hope this helps.

Sweet!

Jeff,
That is a really sweet ride. I love that grill and cool chop. Thanks for posting the photos.

Beercan

starting to work on it again

hey folks, winter is coming so i pulled it the off the shelf and started working again on it, today i mounted the box and the tail lights, i have been pickin up parts all summer so i have lots to do, easy part is done, now its brakes, steering, get it running and driveshaft cut, i have seen lots of knowledge on here and it is sure going to help, the driveshaft for example, i know how to do it because of all of you...i posted a picture of my shop, very small but it will do...thanks ..p-rat

Attachments

• DSCF0417.jpg
    DSCF0417.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 24
  • DSCF0420.jpg
    DSCF0420.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 28
  • DSCF0424.jpg
    DSCF0424.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 38
  • DSCF0419.jpg
    DSCF0419.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 64
  • DSCF0421.jpg
    DSCF0421.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 61
more work

once i got started i didnt want to stop, put the wood in the box, leftover fence boards, they worked perfect, found a gas tank, it was the neighbors lawn roller, should work just fine and a battery box i found on the side of the road, its an old steel vacuum, battery fits great in it with room to spare for some tools, bonus...also mounted the horn and door handles, cant wait for spring...there is also a picture of my little helper, she is in charge of the vise, but she keeps on tryin to put my finger in it..lol

Attachments

• DSCF0429.jpg
    DSCF0429.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 35
  • DSCF0428.jpg
    DSCF0428.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 43
  • DSCF0427.jpg
    DSCF0427.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 36
  • DSCF0416.jpg
    DSCF0416.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 40
your truck looks great Ol skool, nice job, and dmw56 it is nice to find parts for free, i have to now that i was told i am losin my job in 1 year, john deere is movin to mexico, that sucks as i only needed 8 more years to retire.. ouch.. but the build must go on...

Coming along real nice Plymouth Rat. I've just about finished the 52 Ford pick and I'm using it as my daily driver, while I'm working on a 39 Dodge Pick up. I'll keep mine full fendered, but lowered like yours, but using an S-10 frame with dropped spindles and air bags in the front. I've also got my eye on a 500 CID Caddy engine, something different. Have you been able to get body parts for yours?...I need a windshield frame and back window frame for mine. I was even considering attaching the windshield to the body permanently...If anyone knows any tricks, I sure could use some. Fords and Chevy's I know. Mopar's...Nada.

HELLBILLY

hellbilly, here is my plymouth truck, i think it is the same as yours, i didnt know plymouths had a truck either until i picked this one up, mine has a 7 inch chop to it, im 6 ft and i fit in it alright, i have been working on it lots, gotta get it done before im jobless....

Latest posts

Back