46 Pontiac 4 door

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R.A.W. RODS

Maybe not every ones take on a Rat Rod but lets just say its a sleeper with updated running gear. 49 Pontiac 4 dood that had a old tired straight 8 and 3 on the tree. Now it will be updated with a Mustang II front and LS1 to power it down the road, but will be left with the old paint, Interior, and Steel wheels. Hope some of you like something diffrent. so here is what we are starting with.

63f100499.jpg

63f100501.jpg

63f100498.jpg

I think that is a great idea. Much better than "Hey check out this car - I want to take the fenders off it". [cl

It will make an awesome cruiser...

Thanks guys, Yea the FENDERS WILL STAY ON THE CAR. This car has been sitting for 15 years, I’m sure you can tell by all the dust on it. We are building this for a customer of ours and much thanks to him for letting us be a part of it. O and the car next to it is my dads 67 Pontiac Conv.

Here are a few pictures of the tear down and leveling the car up to take measurements for the new FatMan front end.

Old hood off and front clip being removed.
46pontiac002.jpg

46pontiac005.jpg

46pontiac006.jpg

46pontiac007.jpg

This would make a great paper weight.
46pontiac011.jpg

46pontiac010.jpg

I will have more updates tomorrow.

That Inline 8 would make a great fenderless open hood rod engine with multi carbs and straight pipes! [dr

I had a 66 Tempest years ago so the body lines looked very familiar on the convert.

I have the straight 8 for sale if any one is close to knoxville Tn. The owner is asking 200.00.

I love it - and would love to do something like that for a family hot rod. Someday maybe.

Yeah someone would love to have that straight 8 (me). Would make for an awesome speedster or even t-bucket.

Ok next thing was to get the car level and take my measurements so I could get FatMan rolling on my front frame stub. By doing this the front end should go right back in place without any problems.

46pontiac015.jpg

After the front came In I was able to cut the front half of the frame off. Heres the Stuff from FatMan I had Made and the frame cut off.

fatmanfront001.jpg

fatmanfront004.jpg

fatmanfront005.jpg

Front Half of frame.
46pontiac002-1.jpg

46pontiac001-1.jpg

Now before every one ask why the frame is welded together with out a step (or z ) In it, Its because behind the weld your looking at there are Four Fish plates Inside plus Holes were drilled and plug welded to make it even stronger. There will also be Fish Plates on the out side of the frame. Pulse as you can see a big gusset on the bottom to support the frame. Everything will get ground down and rechecked after fitment.
46pontiac008-1.jpg

46pontiac007-1.jpg

Down on the ground.
46pontiac010-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back