47 Ford truck project

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got a Saturday off so I got a little done on my cab. Filled it all in and some more tack welds. Cut off doors and fitted them. Next is making hinges for the suicide doors and cutting out the fire wall.
cab patched.jpg

cab with doors fitted (2).JPG

cab with doors fitted.JPG

CD,

Keep an eye on my build thread. I'm doing the firewall and entire interior right now. Maybe it will give you some ideas as I'm building pretty much the same cab as you.

CD,

Keep an eye on my build thread. I'm doing the firewall and entire interior right now. Maybe it will give you some ideas as I'm building pretty much the same cab as you.

I'm gonna do my firewall similar to yours but I think I'll wait until I know my motor/trany combo first so it will be easier to fit it around them. I'll probably use 1/8th inch plate for mine or at least a portion of it for my steering system.

Most of my interior is out of 11ga which is pretty much 1/8". The only word of advise I have is: really consider how hard this stuff is to work with. Seriously. This stuff is a b***h to do interior pieces with. It ain't forgiving like 18ga is. Make sure you stock up on grinding wheels, cutoff wheels, and earplugs! Consider buying/borrowing a plasma cutter if you don't already have one.

Been a while since I posted in this thread. I got started on my frame so posting some pics of it and a little explanation. It's 2X4x1/8 30" Z in the rear to accommodate the high arch transverse spring across the rear. 4" Z in front but may need to go higher not sure yet. We had to hurry up and get it welded up for the rumble so we could have something to show as were gonna be building some frames. We plated the inside of the frame but from what I've been seeing from others it may be overkill.

Attachments

• frame (1).JPG
    frame (1).JPG
    122.2 KB · Views: 50
  • frame (2).JPG
    frame (2).JPG
    117 KB · Views: 42
  • frame (3).JPG
    frame (3).JPG
    116 KB · Views: 58
  • frame (4).JPG
    frame (4).JPG