48 ford f-1

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stretch's56

I have looked several places and was wondering if anyone knew of a place to get 48 f-1 front drums? Only place I found wanted 150.00 a piece. Thought that was a little high?

Front Brake drums..SOLVED..most dont agree..!

I also had your problem and it was solved VERY EASILY although I will tell you first off..NOT many will agree BUT the point is..IT WORKS..! I searched and searched for drums and probally had about a dozen here trying to find something to fit.I did a GOOGLE search about my problem and FOUND a solution.I went to FTE website...( Ford Truck Enthusiasts ) and there are several guys who had this VERY problem.Here is the NAPA number you want to use to buy the CORRECT drum that you can use... (4401455) I went to my favorite site..( ROCK Auto ) and found them even cheaper...What year your looking for is the BACK DRUMS for a 1986 F150.They are 2 inch drums and will slide on with no problems.I have the backing plates and spindles from a 1948 F1.If you want to get fancy..( I just ordered stock hardware kit..PAID way TOO MUCH for the front of 1948/52 F1.) BUT order the rear hardware kit with adj. kit..MAKE sure your parts guy looks up the right PARTS...!!!! HARDWARE KIT for 2 inch DRUMS and SHOES.!! ( You will probaly have to research it..but if you check with Rock Auto..the have an EXCELLENT cross reference guide built into the parts catalog..) I had to go back to correct the problem...The guy of the FTE who did this has well OVER 3000 miles on his truck with never a problem...This drum is a 2 1/4 drum BUT like I said..you have to use 2 inch shoes with a 2 inch hardware kit and adj.kit...some SCREAM about safety and not having 100% mating surface..I was a certified brake mechanic for 17 years and NOT all drums have PERFECT mating surfaces...Hope it works out for you..for quite a few..NEVER a problem...

Latest posts

Back