49' Ford pickem-up pebble pusher

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rev_to_red

got this around middle of last week. going to use it as a little project while im in recovery waiting to start work and to have to piddle around with during the summer. just a basic 2wd truck with straight six/manual trans. best thing is its not a granny gear truck so it has the 5lug wheel pattern instead of 8lug. only plans for the body are to straighten out all major dents to not make it look so bad and scotch-brite the the exterior and clear over to keep the patina look. for drivetrain ill be keeping it 6cyl for now until im tired of the rat rod scene then it may go to a 4.6/5.0 motor if i decide to go full restore (doubt thatll happen though). for the drop ill be doing the same as i did for the 33' Plymouth basic body drop. unsure of how low ill be going but may just do a 6-7" drop. good thing is these have a factory body-over frame set up so itll help give me a guideline on the cab to make my cuts. for wheels ill just be slapping on some black steel wheels but will be going +2" which will put it at a 17" and will be going 8" front with 10" back.. on to some pics of what im starting with.

200058_161745883883509_100001442957434_379979_1904929_n-1.jpg

189655_161746143883483_100001442957434_379987_719737_n.jpg

196411_161746023883495_100001442957434_379983_1960114_n.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a good project. Kinda the same idea's I ahve for my 1950 F-1. Keep us updated. I want to see how you go about a body drop!

thanks guys.. im kinda in a struggle waiting for help since i cant walk right now (broken femur). i can move around well enough to cut/grind but i cant pick anything up that with significant amount of weight

thanks guys.. im kinda in a struggle waiting for help since i cant walk right now (broken femur). i can move around well enough to cut/grind but i cant pick anything up that with significant amount of weight

Damn, sorry to hear that. Hope you heal up quickly.
Great truck and I like the plans, looking forward to seeing it come together.

Damn, sorry to hear that. Hope you heal up quickly. Great truck and I like the plans, looking forward to seeing it come together.
thanks man. its been a struggle to get to the condition im in now. but itll be done for summer cruises and im hoping to have it at the hot rod nationals with my 33' in may. atleast running that is

I want one
i have a 55' chevy pickup fs ;)

This thread is about trucks, not chevies...stay on topic.

[ddd

-Chaz

lolz.. shameless plug. sold it a few days ago anyways.

anywassss. hoping to get this thing cleared out since i finally got some clear weather. m minute decision to start off with an axle flip first and see how low thatll get around 3-4" drop. going with an upgraded rear end out of a chevelle once it hoping width wont be an issue. a body drop will still be done but not until i get it to be a full roller and can bring it into my garage. reason for using the chevelle rear-end is we have prob a dozen 10-bolts laying behind out shop and can put a better gear in it for cruising than what the ford has in it now. im thinking that they are eight 53" or 54" so ill have to do some measuring to see what the difference will be between the two.. if it is shorter i can run maybe 1-2" wider wheel in the back without worries. however wheel bolt pattern will be changed. but, im not worried about that though since im going with a rallye style wheel

picked up a motor/trans last week (well it was given to me). dad picked up another first gen camaro that has a running 350/350turbo so hes letting me have the combo if i pull them out. (hes going with one of our built 454/4 spds). only thing ill need for drivetrain is a driveshaft but ill be able to come up with one somewhere. the motor is going to be unmodded so the total build cost will still be at 0$. working on pulling all drivetrain crap out this week and get bed off so i can start hitting this thing hard since im finally walking without crutches again.

Latest posts

Back