50s Ford F1 Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I almost forgot one of the best compliments of the day came from an older guy's wife whom both like my build, she sorted out that I was the builder and looked at me and said, you, you are demented!

Man I can't wait to be legally on the road and driving this thing...

Congrats DR! I remember when I first got on this forum and posted a pic of the wire mess I had in transferring the T-bird electrical harness over. You commented how much you were looking forward to that...Now I see that you must have succeeded in moving your mess over too! - feels good when it actually works, doesn't it?

Great progress since I first checked on your build! Hope you get your brakes dialed in. I just went through a similar experience. I will only go through the gory details if your new booster doesn't work!

John L.

Do you have a vin # in your truck? If you do you should be able to get a lost title. That it what I have to do with mine. My title was stolen out of our old house. I had the truck for a few years but never put it in my name. and the guy I got it from never transferred it either .So I went the secretary of states office and got a green form from them. I need to get a scrap yard or dealer to wright me up a letter saying what it is worth Then have the cops come over and check vin #on it to see if it is stolen. Then they will give me a new title.

Hope this helps good luck.

Do you have a vin # in your truck? If you do you should be able to get a lost title. That it what I have to do with mine. My title was stolen out of our old house. I had the truck for a few years but never put it in my name. and the guy I got it from never transferred it either .So I went the secretary of states office and got a green form from them. I need to get a scrap yard or dealer to wright me up a letter saying what it is worth Then have the cops come over and check vin #on it to see if it is stolen. Then they will give me a new title.

Hope this helps good luck.

Where is the vin located on these trucks? Is it the ID plate on the glove box door?
Torchie.

I posted a thread about the title... its not as simple as applying for a lost title. I tried to follow the SOS's guidelines after a face to face and the paperwork they asked for and they still will not complete it or help resolve it. So either a new builders title or a title from a "parts truck" which donated to the cause...

I posted a thread about the title... its not as simple as applying for a lost title. I tried to follow the SOS's guidelines after a face to face and the paperwork they asked for and they still will not complete it or help resolve it. So either a new builders title or a title from a "parts truck" which donated to the cause...

I hear you Rich.
Their whole BS about posting a bond,blah,blah,blah. Plus it says that to do all that it can't be considered a local sale. Bought my cab from a guy 30 miles and 3 towns away and they told me it was a local sale.[S And then they told me that it was illegal for him to sell it with out a title and illegal for me to buy it.:eek: They cooled their jets somewhat when I told them that it had come from a former scrap yard that was being cleaned up. Which was true.
Some of it has to do with who is waiting on you as well. Their are those that work at the SOS and don't feel the need to do anything but the usual BS for a person.
Then of course you will hear from the guy that says, "I get titles all the time from the SOS. No problem".:rolleyes:
I think that the state is not even accepting titles from title company's like Broadway but I'm not positive about that.
Good luck brother and don't give up...
Torchie.

I am not one to give up! I'll get something really soon...

I picked up the windshield and we had it installed in about 1/2 hour this time around. As soon as all the soapy water evaporates, I'll be adding the windshield sealant and should be in there for good.

Also lined up some used lexan for some mockup side windows when I find the time.

Tonight I finished cleaning up all the ignition switch wiring and soldered it all in...

Also started on some decklid artwork that I will get pics of once it has some color on it... Actually my father is doing the work because he enjoys the hand painting...

Torchie I know what you mean about different people at the sos. The people in Petoskey would not let me apply for a lot title. They told me I had to try to find the person who had it last titled. So I went to Cheboygan they are a lot better to deal with . She gave me all of the paperwork I needed and told me exactly how to get every thing done .DR good luck with the title. I weill see if there are any around here with the vin plate. Torchie there are two vin plates on my truck one is one the firewall . the other is on the glove box door.

Rich,

Very cool build! I was just skimming your thread and I am never ceased to be amazed by your work, even from back in the 240 days, you did stuff right...

I might still have a "BME" sticker or two if you want one for it ;)

Rich,

Very cool build! I was just skimming your thread and I am never ceased to be amazed by your work, even from back in the 240 days, you did stuff right...

I might still have a "BME" sticker or two if you want one for it ;)

I think I still have a BME aluminum emblem somewhere... [cl

Tonight I took my daughter for a little ride in the truck just down the street and back, she was pretty thrilled to finally get a ride in it! [cl[cl[cl Hopefully the car bug bites her soon!

I think I still have a BME aluminum emblem somewhere... [cl

I have mine mounted on one of my tool boxes :D

Tonight I took my daughter for a little ride in the truck just down the street and back, she was pretty thrilled to finally get a ride in it! [cl[cl[cl Hopefully the car bug bites her soon!

Daughter? Wow, I guess I haven't talked to you in Ages! :eek:

You should put a BME logo on that sucker somewhere :p

I have mine mounted on one of my tool boxes :D

Daughter? Wow, I guess I haven't talked to you in Ages! :eek:

You should put a BME logo on that sucker somewhere :p

She will be 8 this year so I guess so! [S

I might put one on it, but for now we are hand painting Strickland Propane on it [cl

Latest posts

Back