56 chevy project

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flywheel

Getting started

Attachments

• 56 CHEVY 008.jpg
    56 CHEVY 008.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 119
that's nice just the way it is. I think these look weird chopped. Get it running and stopping properly and drive the wheels off it. Nice score. [cl

56 truck in current state

ordered brake booster today ! i am working on it....!:D
buffed it out ! looks sweet and it has patina...OYEAH NICE I LIKE IT
HAVE A 4 BOLT MAIN 350 GOING IN IT.
30 OVER
EAGLE CRANK
H BEAM RODS
WORLD PROD. HIGH FLOW HEADS BIG RUNNERS
SUMMIT STAGE 3 INTAKE
LUNATI BRACKET RACER 2 515 LIFT CAM
750 EDELBROCK CARB
ITS A SWEET LIL RAT MOTOR...LOL
I HOPE THE 10 BOLT HOLDS UP !
400 TURBO IN THE WORKS OF A REBUILD... GOING TO PUT LOWER 1ST GEAR IN IT AND A STAHL
I HOPE I DIDNT RUIN IT BY BUFFING IT OUT,BUT IT LOOKS SOOOOO MUCH BETTER NOW..

WHAT YA THINK SO FAR ?
NEW PAINT IS NOT PART OF MY PLAN !

Attachments

• 2011-06-14_19-59-50_207 (1).jpg
    2011-06-14_19-59-50_207 (1).jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 79
  • 2011-06-14_20-00-03_975.jpg
    2011-06-14_20-00-03_975.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 62
  • 2011-07-04_19-48-53_605.jpg
    2011-07-04_19-48-53_605.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 69
  • 2011-07-04_19-49-43_363.jpg
    2011-07-04_19-49-43_363.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 75
  • 2011-06-29_10-11-49_37.jpg
    2011-06-29_10-11-49_37.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
56 chevy

IT IS HARD FOR ME TO NOT PUT PAINT ON THE HOOD WHERE THE RUST IS ?[P
SHOULD I PAINT THE HOOD OR NOT ?[S:confused:[P LOL

Last edited:
56 chevy

Looks like a nice solid truck. Wats yer plans for it? RR:D

My plans are to get it back on the road !
make it drive and stop safe .
keep the straight axle and drive it and have fun with it .

and run it down the strip when i get the chance... i love drag racing and the old Gassers

i picked up a 65 impala ss clone today !
scored a 327 and a 400 sb with it.. its a lil rough and not sure if i will ever see a title for it but either way the price was right. and i can part it out ,it also has a 12 bolt in it.. whoo hoo ...! 12 bolt is 2 wide for my 56 but i couldnt let it get away ![cl

I don't mind the rust, but I can't say I care for the pinstripe or the punky front wheels. That looks in good enough shape to do up right.

pin strip

I don't mind the rust, but I can't say I care for the pinstripe or the punky front wheels. That looks in good enough shape to do up right.

the pin stripe was on it and the punky front wheels are the old gasser style look i am kinda trying to pull off.. and they look better than the cragers that where on it... had them lying around and put them to use ...lol:D the truck is in great shape ! it well deserves to be done up right .but i cant afford to do a frame off resto . so it will be just fine getting back in operation and driving it on the road again. maybe some day ...allot of fun to be had with it just the way it is.
Thanks Sam

Last edited:
brake booster

heck yeah !
brake booster came and i am picking up my trans tomorrow....
got work to do [cl no more [P :cool:

Cool ride, Flywheel. I like it anyway YOU like it. LOL Just put that old truck on th' road and drive it everyday! I do. Ain't nuthin like it! BTW, where you located? (unless you are in the Witness Protection Program.)

Lynn

Cool ride, Flywheel. I like it anyway YOU like it. LOL Just put that old truck on th' road and drive it everyday! I do. Ain't nuthin like it! BTW, where you located? (unless you are in the Witness Protection Program.)

Lynn
Seymoure ,TN
JUST ORDERED MY CUSTOM BUILT TORQUE CONVERTER TODAY !
FOOT BRAKE IT AT 2500 STAHL AND GOOD STREET MANNERS ...!
@
TCE
The Converter Exchange
IN GRAY .TN

Guy was great to deal with and offered couple options and will stand behind his work . he knows his stuff ! he asked me some questions like what motor i was running down to the cam, heads and carb. then asked me what i was putting it in and what i was going to do with it.then he made a few sudg. and took me in his shop showed me what he was going to use to do it explained it all and weighed out my options and ....wha la
be ready in a couple days....great guy to deal with..a Drag race guy turned me on to him.
rest of info is (TOP SECRET) ! L.O.L

Last edited:
Flywheel I love your ol truck and you can tell me the rest of your arsenal because, I have a top secret clearance and here's my badge to prove it

Jim

Attachments

• Smiley Badge.jpg
    Smiley Badge.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 3

Latest posts

Back