60's Survivor T Bucket.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donsrods

I may have posted these pictures before. A friend of mine has a T bucket he built in 1969 to drive to the very first Street Rod Nationals. He still owns it and it looks exactly the same as it did in 1969.

This guy was my hero before we came to know each other. I would be driving my family car to work in the mid 80's and this guy and his T would drive by, with his necktie blowing in the wind. [cl I said "someday that will be me." :D

deems-1.jpg

deems2-1.jpg

deems3-1.jpg

deems4-1.jpg

deems5-1.jpg

whats with how the bed is trimmed out? Kinda looks like little seats but.. they cant be.. can they???

This guy was my hero before we came to know each other. I would be driving my family car to work in the mid 80's and this guy and his T would drive by, with his necktie blowing in the wind. [cl I said "someday that will be me." :D

Ummmm... please post a picture of you in that tie!!! [ddd[ddd[ddd

BoB

I've never asked him about those rear seats, so I don't know if they are just for looks or for when his kids were young. This car got used a lot, not only as his go to work car lots of times, but I would see him and his Wife cruising around in it on many occasions.

He has about 10, maybe more, hot rods and old cars, but this one was his first and the one he loves the most, I think. It is just an old hot rod, done the way lots of them were back then. :D

Tripper, I worked in a tie for years and haven't worn one for a long time. The next time I wear one I might be laying in a pine box. :eek::D

Don

What's with the steering column being so upright like a bus? I've seen that on other 60's era t-buckets. Was that just the style back then? [S

Seems like it would be awkward to drive.

They put the steering wheel like that so they didn't need seat belts. That way your crotch too a beating but held you in place!

Yeah, that was when MEN WERE MEN and didn't worry about crushing their sensitive parts. After all, it is better to LOOK GOOD than to FEEL GOOD ! :D

Don

Latest posts

Back