66 Mustang AM Radio

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dude43

It hasnt worked since ive had the car and i just pulled it but that tech is way before me and above the little i know. Are there any common parts that go bad or anyway to troubleshoot it? it doesnt turn on and theres isnt even static or the radio light that turns on when i turn the knob in the car. thanks

The power wire for the radio should be Yellow with black strip. The radio should be on the same fuse as the Cigar lighter. The factory radio should have one wire for power and two wires for speakers.

If you find the wire turn the key on and check it for power. If there no power and the fuse is good you will have to trace the wire back to the fuse block.

I didn't think there were any AM stations left! [S:D

Don
whered you think all the crazy people who got kicked off fm went?

the guy who owned this car before really messed with the wiring i have several wires coming out. I also only have one speaker in the dash above the radio. i have one wire that is blue with red coming out of the back and traced in the radio to the volume knob and a black one from volume knob to a coil of what looks like copper wire around a screw then soldered to metal then out the radio, is that a ground? then theres this box thing behind the unit that is the volume knob and two wires leading out, one green the other black, are these for the speaker? the black one is just soldered to the inside of the metal enclosing the radio so is that a ground for the speaker? i can take some pics of the think cracked open if it helps. also the bulb is burned out because i can see that the filament is not connected but i cant see any way to get to it without breaking anything. Thanks guys

The power wire for the radio should be Yellow with black strip. The radio should be on the same fuse as the Cigar lighter. The factory radio should have one wire for power and two wires for speakers.

If you find the wire turn the key on and check it for power. If there no power and the fuse is good you will have to trace the wire back to the fuse block.

thats what i was told but the manual says the fuse that has the option for an accesory in is the fuse for the radio and thats a completley different one from the cigarette lighter.

Maybe this will help

Attachments

• 66 mustnag wiringa.JPG
    66 mustnag wiringa.JPG
    127.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 66stereoa.JPG
    66stereoa.JPG
    109.8 KB · Views: 3

Latest posts

Back