66 mustang rat/hot rod

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol, wow, well the wide whites were jus a thought and ......now there not, but after iv got every bodys opinion on it i think ill just go ahead and restore it to original, i have a 1927 whippit thats pic. in one of my posts and im just gonna go back to rat roding it, and for u chevy guys it just so happens that i purchased a 89 and a 76 corvette last yr

thanx thoe for the opinions guys [P

need any help im rite down the road from ya, be glad to lend a hand!![;)

my mustang, its kinda a rat rod LOL XD
not realy shes just rough but shes been a daily driver for two yrs with no resteration, she almost all original and is workn on mostly original parts

DSC08467.jpg

DSC08421.jpg

DSC08454.jpg

Your know guys there are tonnes of Mustangs around that are original, restored, restomoded, and etc. I think there is room for a few Rats as well. I think a '67 big block car with a Power Stroke or a Cummins would be very cool. Patch panels, bomber seats, whatever. [ddd Just no f'n wide whites![ddev I've got something similiar brewing, just not ready to reveal my idea til I'm a bit further along.

Hey, Smilodon, welcome to RRR. Maybe it's time someone shook up the Mustang crowd with something different. Go for it, guy!

Your know guys there are tonnes of Mustangs around that are original, restored, restomoded, and etc. I think there is room for a few Rats as well. I think a '67 big block car with a Power Stroke or a Cummins would be very cool. Patch panels, bomber seats, whatever. [ddd Just no f'n wide whites![ddev I've got something similiar brewing, just not ready to reveal my idea til I'm a bit further along.

I think you just revealed your idea, which would have made for a good introduction. :rolleyes:

Interesting and different? Cool. Kicking a dead thread with it? Not so much.

Welcome to RRR, Smilodon. Did you bring beer?

Sorry guys, was a 4:00 A.M. search and I didn't notice the date before I posted. Forgive me. And no, I didn't completly give away my idea, diesel yes... PS or Cummins NO! I found my motor and tranny just need the car, what a way to start, huh? I've got a similiar diesel in my old Bobcat, just much smaller. That's all the hints I'm giving. [P

Ya know, I've seen the PS and Cummins thing done in a rat,even seen a couple running air cooled Duetz diesels, but so far haven't seen a screamin Detroit done..that would be cool!

mustangs should be restored, a ratrod is a forgotten car that would have been sent to the crusher if it wasnt pieced back together with whatever is handy at the time... i dont think you would be happy with the end result. just my opinion..JM[P

this is my favorite definition of what a rat rod should be

No wide whites for a Mustang. Paint it red oxide primer, paint the hood gray primer,throw some Cragar or Slot Mags on it, maybe jack the rear up a couple inches - the old high school beater hot rod!

Latest posts

Back