Another Goldmine find????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmw56

Busted and Rusted on Route 66
I got a call from a friend the day before I left for Cali. He meet an older lady at a Christmas party. Finds out the the ladies husband had recently passed away and was a car collector restorer. She was looking for someone to help appraise the cars and help her sell them. :D

My buddy gave her my name and called me to let me know. I will be calling her once I get back. Supposedly there is a warehouse of 10-12 cars and a lot of spare parts. I don't know what years or anything just yet but I'm excited to find out what she has. [cl You guys will be the first to know what's available. But I'm keeping the 32-34 Fords!

I just hope it doesn't turn out like the time a friend of friends Aunt's old car they thought was a 57Chrysler 300 turned into a 87 Oldmobile.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet! I got first dibs...Just kidding.... but seriously (aside from the full body vehicles) if they have any extra cool unique motor parts let us know... unique intakes, carbs, etc.

Glad to hear you found a cool source though. I can't wait to see what you build next! I'm so excited for you.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet! I got first dibs...Just kidding.... but seriously (aside from the full body vehicles) if they have any extra cool unique motor parts let us know... unique intakes, carbs, etc.

Glad to hear you found a cool source though. I can't wait to see what you build next! I'm so excited for you.

I'm working on my 50 Stude right now. Buils thread is on here. I have those 37 Ford truck doors still.

Yeah, I need to get those from you. I think I'm supposed to be going back to Miami in January so maybe I can afford to send you some cash. Holidays have me a little broke right now... but I still need them. Thanks for holding on to them.

funny you should mention that Don I got a call the other night from a friend who throwed me a lead on a collection of rare parts and some old cars I'll be checking it out on tuesday good luck with yours!!!![cl

sounds cool, ain't no tellin' what yo may find......an 87 olds, maybe a 81 grenada.....or even a chevy citation:D:D
just messin w/ya hope its the true barnfind-goldmine and we will be expecting lots of pics[cl[P

10:00 tomorrow morning I go check it out. [dr I guess I should compose myself and not get overly excited if there's a bunch of 30s Fords. I sure hope there isn't any 87 Oldsmobiles or 81 Grenadas!! :):eek:

take lots of pics... you know we love to see whats going on around here

OK OK!!
I meet with this lady this morning. She was the sweetest lady you'd ever want to meet. She wanted to find good homes for her husbands cars. Someone that will have the same passion and love for old cars and she didn't want to see them sit and rot away. If I wasn't married I'd would have proposed to her then and there, even though she's 80 years old. The place was awesome too. A warehouse, a trim shop, a paint shop, an engine shop, a lift, and all the tools you can imagine. She wants to eventually sell everything including the property 20 acres, swimming pool, guest house, and she wants me to help her with the cars and tools. If I had the money I'd buy everything.

There were several finished running cars, trucks, tractors and several project cars.

Oh, you want pictures. [dr Sorry no model A or 32 Fords.

Some of the project cars. Mostly complete, very very little rust. I did not see any rust through at all but I couldn't get a good look at them this time. But overall very restorable condition. Some of the pictures didn't come out for some reason. Like the fully restored 1952 Ford 8N tractor or the Kubota tractor.

Best of all Titles for everything!!

1947 Lincoln 2 Door Coupe V12, excellant body and 1953 Ford Victoria
119.jpg

123.jpg

124.jpg

Last edited:
1947 Lincoln 4 Door Sedan again no rust but needs lots of work! I couldn't tell if the engine was in there or not.

134.jpg

136.jpg

This one has TONs of potential. 1947 Lincoln Continental Convertible. Body was pretty sold very little rust floors in good shape.

137.jpg

138.jpg

Latest posts

Back