anyone ever rebuild one of these?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hillbilly4008

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VINT...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I found one of these in my shop. I love the looks of these things, it would look great on my fire wall. And its convenient because i need to run an elec. pump anyways. Mines very clean inside and out, but when i put 12v to it she no go. (Yes, it was grounded.)

Does anyone know how to do an overhaul? I plan on sending it to my father-in-law because hes a elec. motor/computer nerd. So any info i could pass onto him would be great.

electric fuel pumps

the pump shown is a AC delco unit ( universal pump) operating psi is 5.5-7.0 psi and 35gph supply. I built and designed these for years through another company. Those are good pumps, but are supply pumps only, they produce very low vacuum draw. You need to mount them on the frame as close to the fuel supply as possible (tank). Most important rule, NEVER test one dry, you will burn it up in seconds.......That's while alot of electric fuel pumps go bad in newer cars, if you could get most people to admit that they let their tank run low, like somewhere on the left of "E", and experence a pump failure soon...that is why. "she run dry, she no run no more imego."

Latest posts

Back