Anyone running a car with no fuses?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought the car and it was wired without fuses or anything and was just trying to find out what would be the easiest route to go. The car has simple wiring basically just ignition, horn, headlights and taillights. Thanks for any input.

I bought the car and it was wired without fuses or anything and was just trying to find out what would be the easiest route to go. The car has simple wiring basically just ignition, horn, headlights and taillights. Thanks for any input.

The simple route would be inline fuses, actually I never put fuses in my rides. I use circut breakers, if they trip just wait, when it cools it'll work again when you get somewhere safe, find and fix the problem that made it trip in the first place. Beats trying to fix a fuse in the dark on the side of the road.

All I can say is ouch! Thats just looking for trouble. Inline fuses are great an easy to install. But breakers are way better in my opinion. No screwin with the wrong size fuses at the truckstop.

I bought a truck like that once. It was scary how it was wired. I bought some universal fuse panels. They had 6 fuse holder with a screw on each end for wires. I run all of the wires through them. I can not remember were but they were only a couple of dollors.

The simple route would be inline fuses, actually I never put fuses in my rides. I use circut breakers, if they trip just wait, when it cools it'll work again when you get somewhere safe, find and fix the problem that made it trip in the first place. Beats trying to fix a fuse in the dark on the side of the road.

me too i use fuse on stuff that is small but , breakers is the ways to go,,, i got flamed for it on another forum they said it looked like a fire waiting to happen!!!! just goes to prove , you cant fix stupid,, , but here pics of mine!..i used relays for headlights and fan ,, and breakers for the mainsupply for power,, 40 amp for fan 40 for headlights, and a 30,, for every thing else,,and a 15 amp fuse for the brake lights!:D

Attachments

• fuespan1.JPG
    fuespan1.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 37
  • fusepan2.JPG
    fusepan2.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 24
  • fusepan3.JPG
    fusepan3.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 21
on my model t i wired everything with fuses but not my msd ign (what the hell was i thinking ) sure enough year and a half later sitting in front of a gas station after a car show and my msd shorted out and burned up , fuse everything or breaker it

Latest posts

Back