Are all "a" frames created the same

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LISTENING TO THE OGS(ol guys) NEXT DOOR IN THE "A" CLUB I HEAR THAT ALL MODEL A FRAMES ARE THE SAME????IS THAT RIGHT???.:confused:
I WAS WONDERING BECAUSE THE POOR GUY WITH THE 2 DOOR SEDAN NEXT DOOR WAS LOWERING THE BODY BACK DOWN ON THE FRAME (OH YEA THESE ARE STOCK NOT HOT RODS) AND LOW AND BEHOLD THE FIREWALL BOLTS LINE UP FINE BUT THE BOLTS THAT GO THOUGH THE FLANGE ON TH SIDE OF THE FRAME ARE WAY OFF.
THAT'S WHY I'M POSTING THIS QUESTION.
SO ARE ALL THE BASIC FRAME DIMENS. THE SAME AND THE BODY MOUNT HOLE CHANGE FROM STYLE OF BODY.[S.
THANK AND INFORMATION ANYBODY MIGHT HAVE TO SHARE WITH ME [;)

With the exception of some very minor differences all Model A passenger car (Coupe and Sedan) frames as well as 1/2 ton trucks are the same. There is always the chance someone has moved something in the last 80+ years or so...

BTW - Please turn off the caps lock. IT'S HARD TO READ AND IT ISN'T NECESSARY TO SHOUT!!! :D

sorry about the caps

sorry for all the caps but i'm hard of heaing and it's easier to type that way:).
thanks for the reply
so the way i understand it is all the basic measurement (lenght,width wheelbase) are the same. but not all the body mounts and body holes are locaed in the same place. we found that from, his firewall hole to the flange on the side to mount the 2 bolts for the body is different than my model a coupe frame his is a 2 dr. sedan.
thanks for the information
[cl[;)

Latest posts

Back