Big Wheels?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CR55

It's just a little surface rust!
Just curious about how you all feel about today's new look with the big rims and low profile tires. Do they look good on Rats in your opinion? Do they look good on anything? [S

They have their place on some vehicles .......some. Personally I like the look of the era of the car, plus old hard to find parts are much more tasteful if applied in the right manner. Sometime you just can't beat a nice set of cleaned up hub caps.

I can probably count on one hand how many times I have liked the look of 20's an low profiles on any vehicle period (even that is giving them some credit). Putting low-pro's and huge billet rims on anything older to me really looks horrible, but thats just me...

My F-350 has 16 inch wheels, I don't need any thing bigger than a 15 on my car. I'm not hauling more than than my truck does. To me, they look like a used up roll of electrical tape. I like the looks of a side wall.
Tim

dubs

Todays look needs to go back to yesterday. They look as stupid as some of the newer pickups with 11r-225 semi tires on them. The things are too expensive and one flat and bent rim will change your mind on ever buying more.:cool:

My F-350 has 16 inch wheels, I don't need any thing bigger than a 15 on my car. I'm not hauling more than than my truck does. To me, they look like a used up roll of electrical tape. I like the looks of a side wall.
Tim

I agree 100%!!!! Anything bigger than a 16" belongs on a truck.

And the side wall is where you get your ride quality from. Those rubber bands on giant hoops ride like crap. Might as well take out the springs and put in solid rubber blocks, probably wouldn't feel any difference....

What's not to like [ddd[ddd[ddd[ddd[ddd[ddd

maxiMedium.jpg

Now this is just my personal opinion but I freakin hate them, they total discuss me, when I see them on anything I want to puke straight up in the air...I mean if all the wheels in the world suddenly disappeared and those were the only ones left I would just walk....but that's just my opinion :D

I strongly dislike them on newer cars.
Let me say it....
Imm ramble here lets see where it goes...

they make everything they are on look ghetto.
except if the car they are on would never be in a rap video
I'm a hessian metal head.... Anything rap or hip hop oriented to me is like someone handing you a glass of stinky sulphur water on a hot day
But I do get a good laugh when I see one on the side of the road with a flat tire and a chewed up rim

but theres this one rat on rrr with brass piping for the air bags and a mod motor... the big wheels look alright on it... prolly cuz you' never see it in a rap video.
Rap... I can talk about how great I am for free why would I want to listen to someone else talk about how great they think they are? It's only going to interrupt my own self aggrandizement. Where does saying somethign stupid in a rhyme make it smarter? I mean if you have to rely on words that sound alike to get someone's attention what's that say about what it is your saying? "I gotta make it ryme so people who aint listening will accidently hear it"...
I gotta make my wheels big and cover them with bling so someone who aint looking can see them?
I hate rap
except for eminem and nwa
and immortal technique... but other than that all i need is this lamp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x01BnN6B6VQ&feature=autoplay&list=SPCEBCBA0087769540&playnext=2

CHECK THIS video out too... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMxPKmPcZsY&feature=BFa&list=SPCEBCBA0087769540

Last edited:
Sometimes I don't mind big rims tucked under a low rider and on a few rods, but the donks look silly although there are a couple I've seen I will respect. They are really head scratchers on trucks (especially 4x4's) because they render them completely useless - unless they are all out customs.

Just another tool in the toolbox as far as I'm concerned. Unfortunately way overused.

Here is an oldschool example:
hotwheels%20redline%20Don%20the%20snake%20Prudhumme.jpg

Thats the essence of style... ridiculously long fingernails.... the dresses and men's attire you see on the runway.... silly hats....style IS glorious uselessness... any utility is considered gosh.
besides...who has the money to pay for all that style? the fabulously useless.
see the pattern?
as it was in the days of old everyone wanted to be or emulate those who sat in shady gardens upon lofty temples eating lotus flowers drinking new wine surrounded by virgins....

I'd prefer eating bacon, drinking beer, and a woman that knows what she is doing. ;)

...but I digress.....

RIGHT ON! [cl

Three strips for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne,
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
One meat to rule them all, One meat to find them,
One meat to bring them all and in the crispness bind them
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

bacon-world.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-XsuFlZdWUdg/T1l158vFQSI/AAAAAAAAF7c/n9QaU9OMnPo/s400/bacon-diet-coke1.jpg

Latest posts

Back