Body Filler

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ike

Banned
No I'm not talking about that double meat double cheese burger you just ate. I asking about body filler for your project body. What do you use and what results are you having. Easy to apply easy to sand and so on. Thanks for any information you might have.

Last edited:
I have had very good luck with Evercoat brand filler they have allsorts of differint fillers for what stage of body work you are in.It runs about $35 a gal.
A trick I've learnd on sanding filler is hit it when it's about halfway dry with some 80 grit to knock the high spots down then let it dry the rest of the way and don't go too crazy with the hardner.Hope this helps........

filler

Bondo at Fleet Farm $12.00 a gal, did bodywork for 18 year and it is as good as any ;)

fiber hair for waterproof

fiber strand , to glue space together use cardboard forms and duct tape and pour like cement into forms

chemicals can fix anything now days, just used liquid nails to put rear window wood in Model A , but used nails too, but it is bonded to the tin for life!!!

I've heard good things about Rage too. I used USC Base Coat Clear Coat filler at the end of my project because a body shop buddy recommended it. It is gold and sands out easily. Previously I had used some Bondo product and it was like sanding concrete. :eek:

Don

I used a product called fury, on the merc, it is pricey, but i really liked the results and usability!! I bought some house brands a couple of times, when money was low, and hated it, still have some cans in the shop, because i like the other brand so much, i refuse to use the cheap stuff now.

Latest posts

Back