break problems

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

34ChevyKid

So I have a '34 chevy master and recently finished it, but I am having problems with the breaks. I bled them about 3 or 4 times now and the breaks are still mushy and very hard to use. They're better if you pump the break a couple times before stopping but they never fully engage the first time. Anything helps :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Still has air in the line some where .
Bleed the longest line first . then go to next to longest line till all done . may be need adjusted a little too .

My 31 chevy has some crappy brakes too . But I think its got a lot to do with my drums on the front .. I think they are Glazed

No I haven't. I honestly have never heard of bench bleeding it first. I'll definitely have to try that

If you already been pumping the brakes I don't think bench bleeding will help now . you already
pushed the air that was in the mc , into the lines . be sure the shoes are adjusted up and just keep bleeding air will eventually come out . Its hard to say really what is wrong with out being right there with it to have a look at it .

Glad you got the problem worked out, I think I may have that issue on my 64, because it works fine, then like no pressure at all, it's driving well.. stopping me crazy!

Latest posts

Back