Car museum pictures

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bonehead

Skull Master
We have a local museum, I thought I might post some highlights from the museum. If you ever get a chance it is a great place to visit and full of some great cars and history.
First, a little back ground:

The Gateway Colorado Automobile Museum is pleased to present one of the finest collections of American automobiles in existence today. With just over forty vehicles in the privately owned Hendricks Collection – the Gateway Colorado Automobile Museum tells a story…the story of how the automobile impacted society. It is an educational experience with historical perspective.

The collection is arranged in a Timeline that captures 100 years of automotive history in America from the 1906 Cadillac Model H Coupe to the 2006 Chip Foose Mustang Stallion. Arranged in several galleries – one of the most awe-inspiring realizations is that this is no ordinary auto museum. From the moment you take a step back in time in the Open Road Theater listening to Walter Cronkite talk about the American Automobile and its place in society – to the brief video clip showing the acquisition of the Auto Museum’s own $3.24 million dollar version of the “Mona Lisa” – the 1954 Oldsmobile F-88 Concept Car – it is obvious that it is educational, it is historical and it is very much about the cars.

The Hendricks Collection, owned by John Hendricks (founder of the Discovery Channel) and his family, and the Gateway Colorado Automobile Museum, have far reaching appeal. It is intriguing, it is elegant and it has an allure that captures the rapt interest of all who experience it. The stories shared through the Hendricks Collection are not those of John Hendricks alone. Nearly every person that passes through the Timeline or Galleries has a strong connection to a vehicle from the past - a vehicle similar to one pristinely preserved in this collection. John Hendricks phrased it perfectly: People “experienced cars as magic machines that provoked dreams of adventure on the open road.”

Yes that is correct a 3.24 million dollar car. Hard to even imagine.

http://www.gatewayautomuseum.com/

Last edited:
is the first installment, feel free to comment.

Attachments

• gcm1.jpg
    gcm1.jpg
    34.8 KB
  • gcm2.jpg
    gcm2.jpg
    34.9 KB
  • gcm3.jpg
    gcm3.jpg
    38.9 KB
  • gcm4.jpg
    gcm4.jpg
    44 KB
  • gcm5.jpg
    gcm5.jpg
    34.9 KB
This is the one that all the fuss about, looks alot like an early vette. Ton of cash tied up in that one.

Attachments

• gcm6.jpg
    gcm6.jpg
    34.2 KB
  • gcm7.jpg
    gcm7.jpg
    31.6 KB
  • gcm8.jpg
    gcm8.jpg
    37.9 KB
  • gcm9.jpg
    gcm9.jpg
    30.7 KB
  • gcm10.jpg
    gcm10.jpg
    32.8 KB
here is another set still a few more sets to go. This museum is set up in eras, I have them out of order here.

Attachments

• gcm20.jpg
    gcm20.jpg
    49.1 KB
  • gcm21.jpg
    gcm21.jpg
    26 KB
  • gcm22.jpg
    gcm22.jpg
    41.5 KB
  • gcm23.jpg
    gcm23.jpg
    41.7 KB
  • gcm24.jpg
    gcm24.jpg
    45.6 KB
I put this under bs, since there are no hot rods or rat rods.

Attachments

• gcm25.jpg
    gcm25.jpg
    39.9 KB
  • gcm19.jpg
    gcm19.jpg
    40 KB
  • gcm18.jpg
    gcm18.jpg
    32.8 KB
  • gcm17.jpg
    gcm17.jpg
    35 KB
  • gcm16.jpg
    gcm16.jpg
    28.2 KB
VERY nice collection and photos Bonehead. I remember watching the Barrettt Jackson auction when Hendricks dropped 3.2 mil on that F-88 concept car. He bought several other high dollar cars for the museum at the same auction.

This all of the cars you will find there. If you are in the area the museum is worth the trip. This concludes our tour, thanks for visiting, and watch your step on the way out.

Attachments

• gcm30.jpg
    gcm30.jpg
    37.5 KB
  • gcm31.jpg
    gcm31.jpg
    46.3 KB
hey bonehead,
I got to ride around in that Olds 88 Vette many years ago @ goodguys in puyallup Washington, thats was way before the guy sold it for 3 mill or whatever it went for, I guess there were 2 made and one was destroyed thats the only one left, way cool car and an AWESOME feeling to ride in it a Memory for life

Latest posts

Back