Catching Up, and not stopping

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bonehead

Skull Master
Sorry I have not been on here much lately. Somehow things have gotten really busy here. I'll go back a couple of weeks.
Getting ready for the Moab, Utah car show, (the night before the show), and I decided I could take two rats, my own and the one I am building. I planned on putting them on a trailer. But the bottom of my ratjust kissed the dovetail on the trailer, and opened the vaccume booster can, dumping it's contents on my trailer. So I took the one I am building, and got great feedback from the crowd over there.
Last weekend I went to a local show with my rat, yep, fixed it the night before the show. About 130 vehicles, and I took home a top 20 trophy. ticked off a few of the shiney car guys.
Also got a tip on a barn find, and went out and picked up a 1953 Studebaker, Champion body, with an 8 inch chop. Anyway, typical summer so far. Busy.

P1010216.jpg

P1010215.jpg

Congratulations Jeff! (about the trophy, not tearing up your brakes) The Bonehead Truck has inspired a lot of builders on here.

Is it considered bad form to set your trophy out in front of your car? You know, like when you are at the grocery store or pumping gas at the gas station? :D

Nice job on the trophy, and the brake booster as well :eek:

Post up some pics of the '53 when you get a free minute.

Congrats on the win Jeff...[cl. The 53 sounds like a major score.....can't wait to watch the build on that.....cr

Thanks guys, Sam, if I would have won a big metal trophy, I would have welded it on somewhere. Pretty surprised getting the top 20 trophy. It is a tech school and the kids get to do some of the voting.

congrats on the win..! Well deserved.. sorry about the booster.. that kinda stuff happens.. I always hate when I do something like that.. You know something that could have been prevented, if you just paying closer attention
In fact just last week I snagged my headliner in my daily driver loading up a metal cabinet I saw from the side of the road cause I had to have it.. Live and learn

Ouch

Thanks for the pic of the booster. My brain struggled with that until I saw the pic. [S Glad you were able to get it fixed promptly.

Congrats on the trophy. It means a lot more coming from the young students. Maybe they will keep the true hot rodding flame burning for years to come!

440shorty

Latest posts

Back