Chain driven steering-what do you think about this?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got an RK chain on my chopper and it has the rivet head, as far as the sprockets here ya go, I think I paid $20 each:

http://www.cycleonemanufacturing.com/custommotorcycleframeaddons.html

If ya scroll down and click on the Jackshaft picture it shows them, then I bought a piece of 1" shaft with a keyway from a transmission shop. It turns a 250 series rear end with no problem.

Sean

Attachments

• P7240059.jpg
    P7240059.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 39
Speaking of chain driven...

Anyone else ever seen a chain driven blower?? There used to be a T-Bucket where I grew up that had a 352 Ford motor and the guy had a double row of motorcycle chains driving it...you could hear it several blocks away and it was wicked fast!

Mmmmmmm, I like that car. Looks like a SBC. Thanks Don.

:eek:wouldn't want to challenge the SBC statement..except for the mopar performance decal on whats left of a hood :D

anyway cool racecar and as for the chain-drive steering..it has way more strength than those "rag" joints.... it would REALLY let you know when the chain needed tightened:eek:

:eek:wouldn't want to challenge the SBC statement..except for the mopar performance decal on whats left of a hood :D

Well, there you have it:eek:. Your eyes are better than mine. I just looked at the headers. I should read more.:eek:

Ok, time for a story.
I was in 2nd or 3th grade. We had to do a one page book report on a president. I went to the library and got a book on George Washington. I read the book and was amazed at how mechanically inventive he was even from a young boy. He made all this mechanical stuff. It went through his whole life. I thought, wow, what a cool president. I was inspired by this guy. The report would be easy.

I did my book report,( remember that brown paper with the lines and the dotted ones in the middle?) One full page. When I was done, I got the book out to copy the spelling of Washingon but to my suprise it was spelled Westinghouse. I read a book on George Westinghouse!

You see, I had skipped the big words, just grazing right on by, and kept reading. I find I still do that to this day. I often dont even see the words, but pay close attention to all the mechanical details.

When I told my teacher what had happened she had a good laugh and gave me a good grade.

Some of you may have noticed I cant spell either.:eek:
They probably have a name for this handicap these days.

Latest posts

Back