Cheap locking door handles?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy Wallbanger

you guys see any reason person couldnt use locking cabnet or garage door handles on thier car? amazon has some for about $9 with shipping(t handle pic) versus $40 without for the pupose made ones. Also some of the new large brass ones use a square drive! ObviouslyI still have the square drive 40s gmc latches in my truck just no handles. Also is there a spline to square adapter?

Attachments

• 40wrench-400.jpg
    40wrench-400.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 39
  • combination-wrench-590rr033010.jpg
    combination-wrench-590rr033010.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 15
I got the idea from a few cabinets around the shop

I just googled locking cabinet handle, I think the long one was from some lock smith company but it was for a cabinet. I'll see if it's still on my browser at home but there are a ton like it if you just google images. Now you guys see why I liked the idea haha

Ok now I have to ask how you found the first handle pictured ? Or would you mind posting the link to it for me?

Thanks
The first pic has the name of the companies web site on it.
Never mind didn't do me any good to go there :eek:

Last edited:
No reason at all why it won't do the job. They use the same style of handles on farm tractors and heavy equipment as well.

No title

Yeah I noticed the names website was on the pic later so I went there but didn't see any prices . You can find alot under locking garage door handles too! If it wasn't for Wanting a lock I'd just build a handle with square stock on the back.

Looked at the site, they are $30 apiece.

$30 a piece still doesn't seem bad. IMO purpose built components are a better choice most of the time. Doesn't mean I always go for purpose built, but for something like a door handle I would. New isn't necessarily better, maybe a nice score on some swap meet parts is in order.

Latest posts

Back