Chopped and Lowered Cummins 1950 Chevrolet

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey there RRFM hold on a minute. I been watching your build and just noticed something. Did you box the frame on that truck? I'd be afraid that Cummins would pretzelmatize it if you don't. In fact I once heard they had a problem with that in the 1989's and de-tuned em' in 1990. Don't know if it's true or not, maybe Pookie Bros could weigh in on this. Is that frame gonna hold up to the Cummins? [S
P.S. If you did box it, Never mind. :eek:

I haven't posted anything on this thread lately because I've been busy. Here'what i gotten built so far up to today.Also I took a picture of my builds around the shop.

Attachments

• DSC05998small.jpg
    DSC05998small.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 73
  • DSC06000small.jpg
    DSC06000small.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 67
  • DSC06013small.jpg
    DSC06013small.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 77
  • DSC05993small.jpg
    DSC05993small.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 73
  • DSC05994small.jpg
    DSC05994small.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 92
  • DSC06006small.jpg
    DSC06006small.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 83
I used Krylon Fusion paint thats made for plastic.Or thats what it says on the can.I know it will start cracking but it goes with the "look" I want.I painted the another set on one of my other builds and it looked great after driving several miles. I clean the tires really good with lacquer thinner before I paint them,then I use a plastic tape to mask them out.This tape feels like electrical tape.It leaves a sharp edge just like 3M fineline tape. Thanks for the comments.

All I need is a big thick oak board for a push bumper and this build is finished. I've been riding around all day in and it drives great. Now on to the next build!

Attachments

• DSC06079small.jpg
    DSC06079small.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 39
  • DSC06081small.jpg
    DSC06081small.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC06083small.jpg
    DSC06083small.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC06086small.jpg
    DSC06086small.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 40
  • DSC06088small.jpg
    DSC06088small.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 38
is that heaven?

all of the rods look sweet, and the shop and location would be a dream come true. all ya need is a pond to drown some worms in and id be set, and thanks for telling about the paint, going to try it out on my rat tires

This is a load of CRAP!!!!!
Its just not fair that you can turn out a project like this so quick and already be enjoying it on the streets! Its Just Not FAIR!!

Ive been working on mine for 2 years and have so far to go!
-------> Rant Completed<--------

I really like the truck man! The cummins has got sound SWEET through those pipes!!!
Does the rear half actually operate? Can you tow in the next project with this one?

Also, can you post a couple pictures of the tires you painted on your other project that has a few miles on them? Id be interested to see how they 'patina'.

Ive used Elastrometric Roofing Paint on mine before and the oils from the tire make for a killer looking old, aged whitewall.

Nice work man![cl[cl[cl

Very nice... I think its my favorite you have built... Thus far... Keep up the good work

Latest posts

Back