city says clean up

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anvil

I have a neighbor that moved in a few years ago and she does not like me! The cops have been here many times.One time I was soldering to loud yea it was midnight but.Well any how the city came by and were taking pics of my/their yard.As the law reads no iron,junk cars or lawnmowers may be stored
out side of an enclosed building oh if that car has a cracked window its junk and ticket or tow.They tried to take my house when she moved in and looks like try # 2. Any one else fighting city hall? a little rant

Whoa..bummer where i live ,in the middle of the oil patch they are super lacks obout it but then again the country here is butt ugly already:D

this place has become a poor place to live in the last few years I have a house in a diffrent state and their law is stand in the middle of the road 6 feet up and if they dont see it its ok as in fence.That is what the statepatrole said,when he inspeted my 29 nash. I plan on moving by the end of summer.This just speeds things up.

Check all the laws in your state. In Connecticut There is a state law that most people do not know about. In the State of Ct. you can have up to 11 inoperable cars on your property.

Seen it the other day on a local Pa. station that has zany facts segment.

here you can have zero "junk" outside of an enclosed building or do ANY repair outside of an enclosed building. Yes they can take your house if you dont live like they think ya should heck I want to go outside and work on stuff but not tell 9:01 less the cops show up and even then if its to loud or whatever I get tickets for desturbing the peace

I think moving is my plan

same boat

i completely feel the pain. i just brought my 48 chevy home and within 4 days of having it off the trailer, i had a letter stating i needing to be in accordance with city code...no inoperable vehicles park outside. well i drove around town yesterday and counted at least two dozen other cars in my same condition. the only problem the dont have is the neighbor that doesnt like us. she actually drove by and slowed down and was laughing at the fact it was not in the driveway. oh well. i am trying to move into the country so i dont have to deal with it anymore. there is always someone that doesnt understand our passion that tries to destroy it.

Ya I have had all sorts of problems with the city. A couple years back I planted some rose bushes along my fence line. The city came and mowed them all down and billed me for excessive grass/weed height. I was pretty mad, i called the guy whos name was on the letter and he told me to write a up a letter and send it to him to be reviewed. Well in the end they didnt say that they were sorry, didnt replace the roses, and left me with the bill. The bill is now in collections. They were trying to charge me $130 to cut down my flowers. Ya im not paying that

i completely feel the pain. i just brought my 48 chevy home and within 4 days of having it off the trailer, i had a letter stating i needing to be in accordance with city code...no inoperable vehicles park outside. well i drove around town yesterday and counted at least two dozen other cars in my same condition. the only problem the dont have is the neighbor that doesnt like us. she actually drove by and slowed down and was laughing at the fact it was not in the driveway. oh well. i am trying to move into the country so i dont have to deal with it anymore. there is always someone that doesnt understand our passion that tries to destroy it.

Ya its the same by me, Junk everwhere that has been there for th last 5 years. I swear they just find a guy and start picking on him. It sucks. I totally want to move into the country

i say pour instant cement in the gas tank of her car and call the police on her inoperable car.
just kidding.

here you can have zero "junk" outside of an enclosed building or do ANY repair outside of an enclosed building. Yes they can take your house if you dont live like they think ya should heck I want to go outside and work on stuff but not tell 9:01 less the cops show up and even then if its to loud or whatever I get tickets for desturbing the peace

I think moving is my plan
Is that a city law or a home owners association law.

I can not see how they could enforce that. If you have a mortgage on it I think the bank would have something to say about that.

Different townships, cities, municipalities all have their own little laws and that's what sets them apart from everyone else. I've seen the inspectors get the hots for someone and make their life miserable. Best to try and hide your goodies so they can't be seen. The mortgage company has absolutely nothing to do with whatever laws dictate in your town, they only want you to comply and send your mortgage payment!!!....CR

Happend to me a few years ago. I was in the middle of a project in my garage. I had a few parts cars in the back yard. And next to the garage a HUGE pile of scrap from projects and my friends cars I had worked on. my land lord was cool about it. He used to come over and watch me work on my truck. My direct neighbors where bikers and I used to fix there bikes so they never cared.

One day I got a letter saying it all had to go or I would have to pay a huge fine. I guess a lady a block over had called me in since she could see the mess though her back yard.

so I donated all the scrape metal I had to a church that was scraping to raise money. even cut up all the parts cars to donate the bodys. Really ****ed me off I had to get rid of it all. But i was moving later that year any way so I would to have done it sooner or later.

so glad I moved back to the country. I got stuff every where now and no one to tell me otherwise.:)

so true the people on eather side of me have NO problems its the one down the street I even got rid of my 3000 watt homestereo to noavail. I have land in a farming area of montana that I am moving to at the end of summer but this throws my timming of. I have no morgage and no home owners ass. its all city. I am thinking of painting my house a diffrent collor to mess with them I am almost done with preping it .

Different townships, cities, municipalities all have their own little laws and that's what sets them apart from everyone else. I've seen the inspectors get the hots for someone and make their life miserable. Best to try and hide your goodies so they can't be seen. The mortgage company has absolutely nothing to do with whatever laws dictate in your town, they only want you to comply and send your mortgage payment!!!....CR

Yes, but he said they could take his house.

Latest posts

Back