Close call

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smallfoot

He's rockin' the "Nuttin Special"!
Night before last brought on a pretty good wind storm with cold air moving south fast and hitting warm air over us. It gets as violent as any other storms sometimes. Late in the evening I heard a loud thud and figured a tree or large limb had hit the ground. Kinda normal in those storms around here. I got up yesterday morning and walked out for the first time of the day to find what the noise was. The very end of the limb had piled up on the cab and engine bay but the main heft of the limb hit the ground next to it. I call it luck!
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0018.jpg
    IMG_0018.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0019.jpg
    IMG_0019.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 43
Glad you didn't get any scratches on her, smallfoot. If all of those close calls were close hits there would be a lot loss of us.

The pictures are beautiful.

Chief's mug...
attachment.php

Ha, noticed after posting the pic. The limb turned my ratrio antenna upside down...:rolleyes:

Attachments

• IMG_0025.jpg
    IMG_0025.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 41
Glad you didn't get any scratches on her, smallfoot. If all of those close calls were close hits there would be a lot loss of us.

The pictures are beautiful.

Still would have been a disaster if your truck were a street rod instead of a rat.:D

It would have to be a pretty sizable ding, dent or gouge to show up as out of the ordinary..:D

I went to check on some other property we own the other day, first time I’d been there in a month. Going up the driveway, a 1/8 mile up to the old house, I noticed power lines drooping to the ground. Got to the house and found out why….a giant limb on a pecan tree had broken off and took out the house drop as well as the power pole. I mean, this limb is huge, it was where the tree forked into three stems, probably 3-4’ in diameter. The pole looked like a toothpick compared to the limb, it broke off even with the ground. I was stunned, the tree looked healthy, and I don’t remember us having any winds that strong. Good thing is I’ll have plenty of smoking wood for bbq for a while!

I dragged it over closer to the porch and sawed it up yesterday and burnt about 1/2 last night in the fireplace. It was about 6" diameter and oak and was plenty heavy enough to smash something...insert bronx cheer here: nanner,nanner,nanner:D

Hey Small

Maybe that is a sign to keep the ole girl under cover...I know if I have an old heap at my place...they live in the garage until they get sold...

just my 2 cents...

Luck was with for sure

Hey Small

Maybe that is a sign to keep the ole girl under cover...I know if I have an old heap at my place...they live in the garage until they get sold...

just my 2 cents...

Luck was with for sure

Good luck on that! I never really understood it myself either. Five trucks on site, four tractors. Except for pulling them into the barn to work on something, the trucks are constantly out in the weather. The tractors all have roof over them..[S

Hey Small

just my 2 cents...

Luck was with for sure

Years ago I had an old 544 Volvo stored under the deck on the west side of our house. Then one day an 8" thick sheet of ice about the size of a pool table slid off the second story roof landing on the deck turning it into tooth picks and crushing the Volvo. I tore the deck down and used the insurance check to replace the metal roof with asphalt shingles.

Latest posts

Back