Clothes do make the man !

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boomer!!

I have to dress decent for work, nice jeans, button shirts with collars etc.. but when I'm around the house, you can bet whatever I'm wearing WILL have welding burn holes in it..Even my shoes..LOL

Just an update on jobs and clothes. I went to that interview last week and got the job, no problem. Long sleeve dress shirt and jeans. The guy that was doing the interview was wearing faded jeans and a faded shirt. He said there had been a couple of guys come through wearing baggie shorts and muscle shirts. He said they won't be on the job. I don't understand how a guy could show up in shorts. Beyond me. Maybe they didn't want the job but had to go thru the process. Later.

Hey, congratulations ! [cl[cl Glad you got thte job. :D It's all about being better and looking better than the other 10 guys competing against you.

Don

Congrats on the job!

I'm not much of a billboard either. Most of my T's are plain gray. Except every year around the 4th of July, I buy a patriotic T - like with the flag on it or something. And when we go on vacation, I'll buy a touristy logo T because I'm out of clean ones. :eek:

EDIT: Never realized this until now - I always quit wearing my patriotic shirts when they get shoddy. The rest, I'll wear until they are rags. Weird. I've even stripped off the one I'm wearing to use as a rag. :D

Oh, and my jeans? They don't wear out, they just shrink too small.

When I began full time employment in 1965 we all wore suits. This was a salaried technical job in a manufacturing plant. Thirty four year later, when I retired jeans and sport shirts or sweaters was the uniform. I do believe that professional behavior diminished along with the dress code.

Nowdays, I'm known as Spong Bob Sweat Pants by my Wednesday lunch buddies. I have designer sweat pants and sweat shirts for formal occasions.

What gets me is, I was brought up to show respect and you always "dress" for funerals and weddings. I have always had a black suit just for funerals. When my brother-n-law died in a car crash, 35 years ago, his friends showed up in torn jeans and Black Sabbeth T-shirts. Some people wore Hawaiian shirts. Sheesh.............

Yeah, times have changed. Remember when people got dressed up in their Sunday best to go to church? Now the Preachers are so happy to get anyone there any way they can they let them come in shorts, jeans, whatever. :rolleyes:

I worked in 3 pc suits for a good part of my life but ended up working in the marine industry where shorts were the clothes of choice. I have to admit it is hard for me to wear pants now after 20 years of living in shorts day and night.

Don

If you watch black and white film of the crowds at sporting events as late as the 1940's all the men are wearing suits, ties and fedoras.

Yeah, times have changed. Remember when people got dressed up in their Sunday best to go to church? Now the Preachers are so happy to get anyone there any way they can they let them come in shorts, jeans, whatever. :rolleyes:

I worked in 3 pc suits for a good part of my life but ended up working in the marine industry where shorts were the clothes of choice. I have to admit it is hard for me to wear pants now after 20 years of living in shorts day and night.

Don

I visited a church once where the pastor was in cammo shorts and flip-flops. I just had a hard time taking him serious.

Latest posts

Back