Did anyone see this $3,299 rat rod frame in the new Speedway catalog?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This topic was already discussed at length a while back. What's wrong with selling a rat frame? This gives people who don't have the ability, tools or knowledge a place to start a build. I personally think it's a great idea and I'll bet that other companies jump on the bandwagon real soon! ...CR

The two biggest problems I see are, 1. - bad advertising by calling it a 'rat rod' part will put off many potential customers and 2. - it blows a under $3000 build out of the water. :p

Of course a 'vendor build' is kinda anti-rat rod?

Ratrods seem to be the current fad so why not cash in on it and if you have to purchase a preconstructed frame, you probably blew the $3,000 budget before you got started!!..:)..CR

This is one of those touchy awkward sort of subjects where there's a thousand different takes on the subject. I can see several sides of it. We all have an opinion about it I'm one of those who can sympathize with the ones who don't have the skills or resources to do their own work. So I can't knock anybody for that nor would I. However I can see too where others don't like the term "rat rod" being misconstrued on a high dollar factory style frame.

I doubt Speedway cares one way or another as long as they sell a few frames.

Thunder

Last edited:
I think it was created so all those H A M B guys can build $100K rat rods and try to roll with the real RAT RODS!!

Or maybe it was created so those $100K "SHOW" rod owners can now park in the RAT ROD field at car shows and pray they can steal some of the crowds that are always around our RAT RODS!!!

.....a real rat rodder will find other resourses than dumping 3K on a chassis to mount a couple hundred $$ rusted body onto!

[S[STruth be told, i saw that while flipping through the new catalogue and though to myself "well if speedway can sell that for 3grand, i can raise my prices and start making stoooopid profit" I also thought "what exactly makes this a ratrod frame?"

I finished a chassis for a Killbillet guy monday, in exchange for a pair of scout doors and him replacing the rear main seal on one of my jeeps. Sure i used all of his material, but did i just get hosed??? At those prices, i must have[S

I got flamed on another sight for a topic such as this,,,,,The cost of a Trend...Now that Rats have become so popular there are alot of aftermarket companies jumping on the ban wagon,,,In the last few years the price of rusty iron is growing not because its getting older just because now some people are looking at it as a money opportunity. I could be wrong but that is how i feel. The term rat rod for me is being ran into the ground......The fun of low budget old school is not what it was.....Iam sorry but just looking at finished rats for sale on ebay kills me. 20,000 for a rat lol

Sorry just venting

SIC

After i typed that i knew i was going to get that response lol .......50k is that buy it now price or i will trade you a honda civic with red rims white walls and rusty quarter panels...i should have my flames rattled canned on by tonight....then it should be a fair trade

Hahah:D

SIC

Latest posts

Back