Diecast Ratrods

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arkansawer

Attachments

• 9157300_w0_For_Die_brow__1947_For_COE.jpg
    9157300_w0_For_Die_brow__1947_For_COE.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 29
  • Chevy Bel Air00_w0_1 2_Die_grey__1957_Che_Bel.jpg
    Chevy Bel Air00_w0_1 2_Die_grey__1957_Che_Bel.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 24
  • Chevy Pickup00_w0_1 2_Die_red__1951_Che_Pic.jpg
    Chevy Pickup00_w0_1 2_Die_red__1951_Che_Pic.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 28
Those rusties are super sweet!

I picked up these Hot Wheels from Wally world for the boys...well maybe for me. Took some pics on the counter and their playroom floor. We have some other cool toy rods too, but haven't taken any pics.

I also like the American Grafitti series with the drive in, garage, etc.

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0025-1.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

You'd better have a look around for the cops first before you go lining up like that......... ooops to late, I hear tires squealing. Must be Gumby and Pokey at it again. :D

Moronthethrottle,

My grandkids have the same little truck that you have. I was babysitting one evening a week ago and seen it there. After I got them all off to bed, I was able to study it. Except for the 90 degree compound curve at the back corners of the cab, it's either flat wrap or low crown panels. And if you hold it nose down, and look at the back of the cab from the side. It looks just like the top edge of the front fenders of the newer style car bodies. Hummmm, could there be a "homebrew rat truck" in the near future? I managed to "borrow" it to get some pictures, so we'll see. ;) Sniper

BTW, look on the bottom of it, it's called the "Bone Shaker"

Don't mean to hijack your thread Arkansawer, just seemed like a good time to bring that up. Sniper

You'd better have a look around for the cops first before you go lining up like that......... ooops to late, I hear tires squealing. Must be Gumby and Pokey at it again. :D

:eek:

I'm having too much fun with the BoneShaker on their floor. Their playroom is about 16' x 13' and about 1/3 of it is that soft linoleum made by Tarkett. I would have loved to have a room like it when I was a nipper...maybe I still am for how much I play on it too.:D

Sniper, i dont care about hijacking. Diecast cars is Diecast cars, no matter what the scale is. I should get out some of my Hotwheels and take some pics. Im keeping them to hand down to my son when he gets older, or at least thats what i tell myself, lol its actually just an excuse to get them back out and play again. :D But i think its time to go to walmart and look for a bone shaker, that thing is awesome.

I just got a new diecast in the other day, its a 57 Suburban on a 4 wheel drive frame, 10 inch lift and all the goodies. Even has "mud" sprayed all over the truck. :D

When I was a kid (still am ) my father had a hobby shop, I would sit behind the display case on the floor and play with the matchbox cars that were in inventory. I had to be careful not to bang them or I'd be in big trouble cos then dad couldn't sell it and I'd get to keep it ....... Opps, damn I banged another one ... I had the biggest collection on the block ... lol. And I wish the hell i knew where they all went :confused:

We have a few of the 4 sale die cast too, they are very cool. We have hundreds of other die casts actually, I still like to play with them. ;)

Alright, ive got another diecast coming in the mail. I collect the 1:24 scale cars, and have them displayed in the living room (yeah the wife loves it :rolleyes:).

Here is what is coming in the mail, they also have them in yellow or silver. :D

Attachments

• 831f_1.JPG
    831f_1.JPG
    12.3 KB · Views: 11
that is very cool.
Ours are everywhere .. one the fireplace mantle, window sills, a aluminum rail I use as a shelf, they are a B!tch to dust ... lol And when I do there little hoods have to get closed, some have car covers even.

Latest posts

Back