Do red cars get more tickets?!?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
It's an age old question... do red cars get more tickets!? You decide!!!

The old Tripper decided to go for a leisurely cruise today in my red Chevelle & I have to admit... I "may" have been goin' over the limit! Anyway... I was right next to a black BMW as we came over a hill & lo & behold... a motorsickle cop with a Laser gun. Guess who got the ticket?!?

BoB

You got the ticket cause you were in a hotrod! Red, blue, green or whatever, it doesn't matter. As a State Trooper told me; If I see someone in a hotrod, I figure they have money, So......:(..Sucks don't it?..Sorry to hear about yours!...CR

Here's one of my best fishing lures we got this deputy sheriff around here that just loves to pull it over the candy flames shine real nice in the spot light.

Attachments

• 100_0300.jpg
    100_0300.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 39
I got stopped once for pulling a u turn in an intersection (on a Sunday morning, 7:00 AM, with zero traffic) I was in my RED 71 Nova SS and the cops exact words to me when he walked up to the car were," What the hell were you doin' boa, you're drivin' a RED car and you stick out like a sore thumb?" I just played dumb and he let me go with a warning.

I had a lime green Roadrunner, with black stripes, way back. The Trooper told me I needed to paint it cause he could see me coming a mile away. That was the third time he'd stopped me. Oh, the good ole days!!!

Bob, I just noticed this thread. You may be able to beat the ticket. I was watching that show that is an offshoot of "Speeders", the one where the people were before a Judge later on, and a guy got out of it because the cop shot two cars at the same time. They were side by side and the Judge said it is illegal for the cop to do that because they can't tell which car they are getting feedback on.

Maybe some of the guys on here who are in law enforcement can tell us more, but I think it would be worth a day in court for you. Also, there is a chance the officer won't show up to dispute it, so you win by default.

Don

Bob, I just noticed this thread. You may be able to beat the ticket. I was watching that show that is an offshoot of "Speeders", the one where the people were before a Judge later on, and a guy got out of it because the cop shot two cars at the same time. They were side by side and the Judge said it is illegal for the cop to do that because they can't tell which car they are getting feedback on.

Maybe some of the guys on here who are in law enforcement can tell us more, but I think it would be worth a day in court for you. Also, there is a chance the officer won't show up to dispute it, so you win by default.

Don,
I always go to court & use an attorney. Bad part here... it's in an adjacent city so I'm gonna try & get either a referral from my guy or find one on my own. We were side by side & he was nearly a mile away. Can't imagine I won't beat that but he was using a laser gun... we'll see!

BoB

Red just grabs you at a show even if you are not a red paint fan and it does the same to cops. I rented a truck one time and told my friend on the way to pick up some parts that I should have took the black truck. I went on to explain to him about red catching the cops eyes. We made it out of Ky and into TN and you guess it. Staying in a crowd of traffic at the same speed as the rest he got me.

Latest posts

Back