dont know what to use??????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big rick

hey guys! Im new to this but i need some advice. i just bought a 1940 ford pickup with no frame. i have an s-10 frame but i don't think thats the look im going for. i don't want to build my own either. i also have a 48 ford pickup. Any suggestions? thanks

Welcome. You probably could make the '48 frame work, the S-10 would give you disk brakes which is a good thing. If you are using the fenders(which I would suggest doing) you won't really see the frame anyway.

I have no idea bout what kind of axel or suspension. This is my first build. I want it to look simple. I'm just looking for ideas on what make and years would look the best. I have the cab and box no fenders. And if u guys have pics of what you've done for a frame it would help termendously thanks

What kind of look are you going for. Pictures of what you are looking for would help.

If you are planning on using the 48 frame it is narrow enough that the cab will work. The frame has a 112 inch wheel base.

The only issue I see with that frame is the duel leaf spring front suspension witch would push the radiator grill forward. You could cut the frame back to the front cross member but do not remove the cross member.

If you are going with fenders I would us the S 10 chassis.

Also depend on what you looking to spend. I been thinking of putting my 1940 frame with Chassis Engineering rear suspension and trans mount up for sale.

thrust rod from a Cougar, 50 chevy front axle, leaf springs are original, just cut in half and mounted on a 3x3 crossmember

Attachments

• DSCN0360.jpg
    DSCN0360.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 47

Latest posts

Back